Emirates General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a HSE Officer in Dubai. This job is recently posted on company’s website and aspiring candidates with relevant experience and knowledge can apply for this job to be part of this globally renowned company.
Job Role Of HSE Officer
To support the development, implementation and monitoring of HSE Management System (HSE-MS) and provide specialist HSE advice and support to operating organizations in order to prevent/minimize inadvertent human, asset and environmental losses in line with approved policies and procedures, local and federal Government regulations.
Duties Of HSE Officer
- Provides support and guidance in the implementation and monitoring of HSE management system (HSE-MS) at assigned Emarat facilities (terminals, gas operations, retail outlets, commercial sites, buildings) to ensures compliance with company and governmental HSE regulations.
- Provides specialist HSE advice and support for new and upgrade projects; participates in the HSE studies/reviews, as required.
- Attends contractor kick-off meetings, progress review meetings and joint site inspections ensuring compliance to HSE related obligations.
HSE Compliance Monitoring & Review
- Conducts HSE audits and inspections and provides improvement recommendations and follows up on the close out of corrective actions with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitates task risk assessments for hazardous maintenance and construction activities at worksites and follows up on the implementation of hazard control measures.
- Participates in the investigation of major accidents and recommends improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assists in reviewing information on all incidents and performs trend analysis for management review.
- Maintains up to date records for quarterly/yearly HSE performance reports for Management review.
HSE Training & Cultural Promotion
- Identifies training needs and advises on the suitable training programmes.
- Conducts regular HSE training and awareness campaigns to enhance staff’s capabilities and performance.
- Promotes sound HSE practices for the safety of personnel and protection of environment by example and leadership.
- Ensures HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within areas of responsibility.
- Attends emergency/fire drills at assigned facilities and recommends improvements in the facilities emergency preparedness.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with external parties required to meet EMARAT’s business and operational objectives.
- Works effectively, proactively and with urgency across EMARAT and externally to ensure the delivery of joint services/results that meet EMARAT’s interests, and for knowledge sharing.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety or Environmental Science.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience within Health, Safety and Environment function.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Distribution Industry preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Professional HSE qualification from recognized international organization (e.g. BCSP, NEBOSH, IOSH).
- Thorough knowledge of local and federal Government HSE regulations.
- Knowledge of HSE management system, hazard & risk management, HSE audits, incident investigation, HSE training, and HSE management.