Dubai Ports (DP) World presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Officer in UAE. The candidate will be required to work at Marine Operations Building at Port Rashid. This job was posted by a DP World on 13th September 2023 and is now open for desirous applicants.
Job Purpose of A HSE Officer
Ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards to protect the health and well-being of employees and the environment in the workplace.
Duties of A HSE Officer
- Assist the HSE Manager in planning and implementing HSE strategies to ensure operational compliance and excellence in DMC and Jadaf.
- Provide assistance to the HSE Manager in developing HSE policies and processes to comply with regulatory bodies and group policies.
- Identify and communicate certification requirements for DMC & Jadaf to meet international and national standards.
- Conduct regular sessions with relevant teams to comply with HSE Standards Operations.
- To regularly monitor OHS&E standards and procedures in the DMC & Jadaf therefore ensuring smooth running of daily shifts in safety related matters.
- To conduct routine inspections related to OHS&E therefore ensuring operational area is compliant in all matters relating to OHS&E.
- Work with HSE manager and ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established.
- Record and maintain a database of all inspections conducted to follow up and identify corrective actions.
- Coordinate with Port and Local Authority bodies for mutual assistance and liaise with civil defence during emergencies to mitigate loss of life and damage to property.
- Undertake investigations with the view of establishing causes thereof and recommend / initiate steps to prevent a recurrence there of – Follow-up on actions to prevent a recurrence until closed out.
- Work with DMC and Jadaf Safety and Environment managers to design, develop and implement management systems, procedure, and policies.
- Train, develop and oversee the Safety client implement the safety and environment system, policies and procedures within the DMC and Jadaf to meet established business objectives.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to HSE Manager.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as occupational health & safety, environmental science, or a related discipline.
- 4-5 years of experience required in relevant field.