Rotana Hotels & Resorts
Jumeira Rotana is currently looking for dynamic, and self motivated Head Waiter / Head Waitress who assist to organize and direct a team that develops top quality of food & beverage products, with prompt, accurate and personalized service. As a job holder you are responsible to provide professional service to guests, ensuring their restaurant visit will become a memorable dining experience.
Responsibilities of Head Waiter / Head Waitress
- Work in close cooperation with the Kitchen and Stewarding as well as the Outlet Cashiers to ensure a smooth running operation.
- Conduct regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the departmental SOP’s.
- Monitor duty schedules for the respective team.
- Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of assigned employees.
- Work towards the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours.
- Handle the welcome of arriving guests and their seating through the hostess and take over, if she is not available.
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with the outlet patrons to ensure their well-being.
- Familiar with the outlets menu, promotional activities and other relevant issues concerning the outlet and the hotel.
- Contribute to meet and maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet
Requirements of Head Waiter / Head Waitress
- Ideally have a diploma / degree in the hospitality field.
- Maximum of 2 years experiences in a similar role.
- Previous experiences in leadership and supervisory roles are a definite plus.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
- You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and a wide familiarity with Micros would be desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be a well presented and groomed individual with an outgoing and friendly attitude and a high aptitude for customer care.
- You are a hands-on and proactive person with a charismatic and approachable character.
- You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team.
- Understanding Hotel Operations.
- Effective Communication.
- Planning for Business.
- Supervising People.
- Understanding Differences.
- Supervising Operations.
- Customer Focus.
- Drive for Results.