Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) is seeking an experienced candidate for the job position of Head of Risk Architecture & Data Management in Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADIB is a leading islamic bank, Headquartered and listed in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It is a public joint stock company with the purpose of being a Lifelong partner for Customers, Colleagues and Communities. The bank currently serves 1 million customers. It has combined a highly personalized customer experience with World-class digital banking services. ADIB has one of the largest Distribution network in the Emirates with more than 60 branches. Internationally, the bank has presence in 6 Strategic markets. The wider ADIB group provides Brokerage, Real Estate, Property Management, Payment and Insurance Services.
Job Purpose of Head of Risk Architecture & Data Management
- Supports a strategic function within Group Risk Management and provides the technical leadership and project management support in implementing rating models and score cards within Enterprise Risk Management Group.
- Provides advanced quantitative analytics support to the overall Risk Management function and implement the Group Risk Management Data.
Job Duties of Head of Risk Architecture & Data Management At ADIB ( UAE)
- Implement a comprehensive Data Management Framework (DMF) for managing risk data.
- Prepare detailed project plans to schedule key project mile stones, work streams and activities.
- Manage resources and teams as well as tracking project and provide regular reports to key stake holders.
- Lead Project Management Office for ERM Risk IT projects implementation and perform vendor and resource management.
- Implement a data management process for systematic identification of data sources regular and frequent collection.
- Ensure data quality review and standard checks to assess the data completeness, accuracy, timeliness, uniqueness and traceability.
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Implementation of risk rating models and score cards in Bank’s systems ensuring compliance with IFRS 9 and Basel requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and project management support in implementation of rating models.
- Report and present project status updates to key stake holders and Steering Committee of the Bank.
- Preparation of project plans including work break down structure, schedules, responsibilities and key mile stones.
- Lead all upgrade and migration of current or legacy systems to upgraded versions or new software along with IT team.
- Assist Risk Analytics teams in development, recalibration and validation of Risk and statistical models by carrying out data preparation, segmentation.
- Assist in validation of the deployed models.
- Work in coordination with and as back up to the ICAAP and Stress Testing unit within GRM with particular regard to the capital models, stress testing, models, data and any triggers.
What you’ll Do More?
- Evaluate vendors for Enterprise Risk Management software and services.
- Provide analytics and quantitative support as and when necessitated.
- Manage reporting for senior management or regulator.
- BORM Lead Operational Risk activities within ERM and ensuring implementation of RCSA.
- Support the Head Enterprise Risk Management Group in all Enterprise Risk Management projects and initiatives.
Who Can Apply?
- A graduate degree from a reputed university in Mathematics, Computer Information Science, Statistics , Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in Risk Management. At least 5 years in a managerial role leading in Risk Architecture, Risk Analytics, credit modeling within Risk Management.
- Experience working in Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Architecture, Risk Analytics & Basel domain.
- Experience of large and complex data sets, data management and analytics.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Excellent Project Management, Basel, Risk modeling, Big Data, SCRUM, Agile, Data Science skills.
- Sound Knowledge of risk governance frame works and prudential regulations including the Basel Accord.
- Robust Knowledge of risk management best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products and operations systems.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to inspire others to gain commitment.