Amazon Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Seller Services is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Head of Global Selling to grow its international business arcs. Amazon is a multinational technology company that started as an online marketplace & has since expanded to various industries, offering a wide range of products, services and innovations. It strives to be Earth’s most customer centric company, best employer and Earth’s safest place to work. Customer reviews, 1 click shopping, personalized recommendations, prime, fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, kindle direct publishing, kindle, career choice, fire tablets, fire TV, amazon echo, alexa, just walk out technology, amazon studios and climate pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. At Amazon, customers find everything that they are looking for online, at great prices and ease.
A Word About Amazon Global Selling Business Team
Global Selling Business is a key growth engine for the overall Seller Business in MENA & this team’s goal is to maximize the potential of out of region sellers for MENA customers, in terms of recruitment & account management and Seller, delivery and customer experience.
Job Purpose of A Head of Global Selling At Amazon UAE
- As Head, leads a team locally & dozens more scattered around global centers to drive growth of their international Selling Partners.
- Deliver the insights and actions to improve selection, pricing and customer experience for selling partners from outside MENA region.
- Build strong bonds with away teams such as in China, USA, Europe and India.
- Coordinate with UAE, KSA & Egypt Marketplace country leads & Dubai based regional teams to accelerate growth & choice for Amazon customers.
Your Job Duties As A Head of Global Selling At Amazon
- Define selling partner recruiting strategy, and make recommendations on resource allocation to optimize for long term growth.
- Drive functional teams to adopt and share best practices, to continuously improve productivity and to react to opportunities.
- Identify adhoc & recurrent merchandising activities to increase awareness of emerging brands & solve for coldstart issues.
- Be a key stakeholder in store wide initiatives and engage with local leaders in MENA Seller Services as well as selling partner support, customer service and company wide teams in technology and product management.
- Make recommendations on difficult topics such as offensive products, Selling Partner vs Customer Experience & consumer product law.
- Build Amazon MENA as an attractive, high ROI region for global Selling Partners to sell anything from clothes to home accessories, electronics or beauty products, books etc.
- Coordinate with Global Selling teams across existing & new world wide locations to annually recruit tens of thousands of Selling Partners who will provide selection leadership.
- Build and develop a local high performing team and create a culture of ownership and innovation.
- Work cross functionally with central company wide teams in Technology and Product Management to establish the right Selling Partner and customer experience.
- Develop innovative programs, work in a white space as they identify new expansion opportunities (e.g. intra MENA arcs, MENA exports) and selection opportunities (e.g. emerging brand owners, manufacturers).
- Own the reporting (recurrent / adhoc) of the performance of the different global arcs, and align stakeholders on planning, priorities and team goals.
- Interact with key senior executives in MENA, US and other regions as you lead one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses.
Qualification, Experience & Skills?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience leading diverse organizations and its functions.
- Successful experience in hiring and people development.
- Proven track record of success defining and delivering big ideas to drive long term results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience working within a high growth, technology company would be highly good.