Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC)
Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) is actively recruiting eligible candidate for job role of a Head of Component Engineering. The successful candidate will work at Nawah (a subsidiary of ENEC) Barakah Nuclear Power Plant located in Abu Dhabi. This job was posted by ENEC on 15 Sep 2023 and is openly receiving applications from all those who aspire to be part of ENEC !
Job Purpose of A Head of Component Engineering
Lead implementation of component engineering program activities through planning, execution, and post close out phases of component engineering activities (i.e. mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation and Controls, I&C) for the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety and environmental protection.
Job Duties of A Head of Component Engineering
- Oversee and lead component engineering activities to increase performance, reliability & reduce operating / maintenance costs.
- Monitor & assess component performance using predictive technologies to improve equipment reliability.
- Participate in meetings to provide input to component maintenance requirements and priorities.
- Ensure provision of technical support for complex trouble shooting activities to facilitate successful completion.
- Develop long term asset management strategies, initiates design changes, review failure analyses and performs causal evaluations to improve plant operations.
- Carry out analysis to determine whether components meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Lead assessment & update of maintenance of component health plans to drive component health and improvements.
- Implement equipment reliability initiatives including motivating correct behaviors to promote results oriented equipment reliability.
- Validate updates to the equipment master database (creation/modification/deletion of equipment master information).
- Lead the final investment decision (FID) process to facilitate obtaining new equipment.
- Lead inspection and evaluation of assigned components during outages to identify condition and issues.
- Lead engineering staff on maintenance activities performed to ensure proper use of appropriate procedures.
- Prepare for World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) pre start up peer reviews to ensure effective communication.
- Support outage or emergency response organization to ensure safe, reliable and continued operations.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or electronic engineering.
- 7 years of relevant experience, out of which, 1 year in a nuclear power plant engineering.