Dubai Ports (DP) World presently is looking for suitable candidate for job position of a Group Manager Media Relations in Dubai, UAE. DP World was founded in 1972 as a local port operator in Dubai. Over the time, DP World has evolved from a single port operator to a global logistics provider with operations over 69 countries and across every continent. They are the leading provider of worldwide smart end to end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Their range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain, from mari time and inland terminals to marine services & industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions. DP World has a dedicated team of more than 100,000 employees from over 160 nationalities that ensure the smooth flow of trade.
Purpose of A Group Manager Media Relations
- Support the Group Senior Manager International Media Relations in tailoring programes to the specific requirements of the UAE home market.
- Managing internal processes which enable the effective operations of the Head Office Media Relations team.
- Focus on hands on implementation and operational underpinning for key elements of the Global Media Relations Plans, which is designed to support Group Business goals.
Job Duties of Group Manager Media Relations At Dubai Ports (DP) World UAE
- Deal with key Arabic and English language media outlets.
- Focusing on nurturing, expanding and maintaining strong media relationships.
- Monitor the media landscape to stay abreast of trends, opportunities and emerging issues and provide advice on relations with media.
- Handle editorial requests from various DP World’s divisions.
- Fulfil the responsibility of ensuing the views of DP World are accurately represented in the media with a particular focus on UAE.
- Respond to media enquiries and requests, working with subject matter experts and colleagues in the Communications Department to provide a timely response.
- Building relationships within DP World’s departments from engineering, business development and so on.
- Create engaging Arabic content for executives, for media interactions.
- Validating translated Arabic copy from vendors before publication.
- Supervise the Arabic translation of the DP World’s Weekly Report, ensure correctness of information and language and avoid local and regional sensitivities.
- Press Page for English and Arabic press release distribution including the uploading and maintenance of media lists.
- Photo selection, captions and uploading press releases to DP World website.
- Coordination with social & digital team, as well as with DPW’s teams occasionally, to ensure press releases are amplified and to help in managing crises emanating digital plat forms.
- Managing translation service providers.
- Preparing monthly media reports, capturing DP World’s announcements, press clippings and competitor news distributed to DP World’s board of directors.
- Ad hoc media monitoring for share of voice.
- Maintaining the highest levels of Safety standard.
- Complying with DP World principles, code of conduct and ethical rules.
- Meeting all agreed standards for DP World brand and visual identity.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in media relation or journalism.
- Minimum 3 year of experience working in media relations or journalism in the UAE.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Outstanding Arabic and English written and oral skills.
- In depth knowledge of media relations.
- Proven track record of dealing with the media and running media campaigns.
- Ability to produce clear and concise written material for the media, in English and Arabic.
- Ability to speak in public and conduct presentations.
- Excellent skills in people management, networking, planning, research and analysis.
- Outgoing personality and self confident, focused and with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Innovative and creative with sound ethical values.