Dubai Ports (DP) World UAE presently has a job for eligible candidates for the position of a Global Vice President (VP) Perishables. DP World was founded in 1972 as a local port operator in Dubai. Over the time, DP World has evolved from a single port operator to a global logistics provider with operations over 69 countries & across every continent. They are leading provider of worldwide smart end to end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across globe. Their range of products & services covers every link of the integrated supply chain, from maritime and inland terminals to marine services & industrial parks as well as technology driven customer solutions. DP World has a dedicated team of more than 100,000 employees from over 160 nationalities that ensure the smooth flow of trade.
Job Purpose of A Global Vice President (Perishables)
- Global VP of the Perishable Vertical is a senior leader role.
- Responsible for driving thought leader ship and end to end solutions in the perishable vertical.
- Drive growth and profitability in the vertical sector and lead a team of professionals to develop and execute strategic initiatives that drive E2E solutions, increase revenue, improve operational efficiency, enhance customer satisfaction and establish the company as a thought leader in the perishable vertical.
Your Job Duties As A Global Vice President VP (Perishables) At Dubai Ports (DP) World UAE
Strategy & Solution Building
- Develop & apply the overall strategy for the vertical, including strategy, E2E solutions, sales and strategic global key account management strategy.
- Work with solutions engineering to develop E2E solutions that promotes cross and up selling on the selected sub verticals.
- Develop solutions that improve supply chain efficiency, reduce costs and enhance customer satisfaction.
Sales & Client Management
- Drive revenue growth by pursuing new business opportunities, making relationships with key customers and developing innovative solutions that meet the unique needs of the vertical.
- Oversee the key account management of the vertical clients, ensuring that all services are delivered on time.
- Join customer quarterly business reviews with strategic accounts as a member of senior leadership.
- Supports the regions and all functions to establish budget, fore casts and KPIs.
- Build the company reputation as an industry thought leader by publishing research and other thought leader ship content that shows company insights.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure alignment and collaboration across the organization.
- Monitor industry trends & new technologies, finding opportunities and risks for the automotive vertical and the broader organization.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences and trade shows.
- Promote positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s values and culture.
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities.
- Understand and adhere to DP World’s Code of conduct and ethics policy.
- Perform other related duties as asked.
What You’ll Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- MBA is preferred.
- 15 plus years of experience in the supply chain industry, with at least 5 years of experience in vertical.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and profitability of a significantly sized business of DP World’s vertical.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and publish thought leader ship content, such as research papers, articles and case studies.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Strong leader skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the vertical, including trends and best practices.
- Speak and write fluent English language.
- Good in the full Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good critical thinking skills.