National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is presently seeking applications from eligible candidates for the job position of a General Accountant for 6-9 months in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of equipment & components used in oil & gas drilling / production operations, oil field services & supply chain integration services to the up stream oil and gas industries worldwide and particularly in UAE. Throughout every region in the world & every area of drilling and production, their family of companies provides expertise, equipment and operational support necessary for success, now and in the future. Conclusively, NOV powers the industry that powers the world.
Job Purpose of A General Accountant
Manage and maintain financial records, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations, to support effective financial management and reporting within an organization.
Your Job Duties As A General Accountant
- Assisting in day-to-day accounting function, producing timely and accurate financial statements within the timeline required.
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts. Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Processes and posts journal entries for routine transactions in JDE and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Review GL account reconciliations following up on aged items.
- Handling month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing procedures.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reporting to Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax, and external authorities where required.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure efficient reviews of financial data and controls.
- Handle accounting issues and conduct special projects as assigned.
- Provide financial support for Business Managers and clearly communicate responses to requests.
- Identifying opportunity for process automation.
- Adding value to the assigned tasks.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years accounting related experience necessary.
- Experience with internal control processes.
- Experience preparing manual journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Experience in JDE ERP.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Good communication skills.