Emirates Airline is presently seeking an experienced Food Safety & Halal Compliance Specialist for job opening in Dubai, UAE. Emirates connects the world to, and through, its global hub in Dubai. The airline operates modern, efficient and comfortable aircrafts, and its culturally diverse workforce delivers award-winning services to customers across six continents every day. As a global organization, Emirates Airline is committed to ethical business practices with the belief that long‑term, successful business relationships are built on honesty, fairness and the strength of products and services.
Role of Food Safety & Halal Compliance Specialist
At Emirates Airline Dubai (UAE), the job role of a Food Safety & Halal Compliance Specialist is to evaluate the food safety and halal compliance of all existing and potential food & beverage suppliers and their products. The Food Safety Officer will ensure that all appropriate globally recognized Regulatory Standards are met. The Food Safety Officer will also maintain the supplier evaluation system through the Emirates Catering Management portal.
Responsibilities of Food Safety Specialist
- Schedule, plan and prepare annual work programme of assessing food safety & halal compliance audits of selected Emirates F&B partners globally that require Extensive International travel for audits.
- Conduct Independent, Fair and Thorough food safety and Halal audits at global Emirates F&B partners. Adhere to Internationally Recognized principles of auditing.
- Develop and update the EK food safety and Halal Compliance manuals.
- Conduct regular presentations to all key Stakeholders. Provide updates to the team on important changes to global/country specific Legislation.
- Develop and maintain the EK designed supplier Self-assessment Questionnaire in accordance with the Globally Recognized HACCP Regulations.
- Ensure annual supplier completion and follow up on all relevant corrective actions.
- Liaise with EK Group Legal, Customer Affairs and Insurance on food safety related cases.
- Investigate and respond to food safety related queries raised by the EK Internal Audit team and Dubai Municipality Inspectors. Prepare all supporting Documentation.
What you’ll do
- Identify supplier performance trends with regards to food safety and Halal Compliance.
- Analyse and Recommend to the catering leadership ways to continually improve food hygiene and food safety standards across the network.
- Develop and deliver technical training to all key stakeholders on the Importance of the EK food safety program, GMPs, pest control Verification, Personnel Hygiene practices, Preventative Maintenance Schedules and Operational Halal Compliance.
- Review, approve and maintain all Ingredient Declarations in the catering management system. Ensuring that all EK Nominated food and Beverage items are compliant with the globally Recognized Food Safety and Halal Standards.
- Accountable for maintaining the accuracy of all food safety and Halal related documentation, incident and corrective action management on the catering management system.
- Ensure that all vendors comply with the terms and conditions outlined in their agreed service level agreement.
- Manage the EK defined product recall process and act as a pivotal member of the recall team.
- Carry out regular product recall mocks challenging the team with varying scenarios. Ensure that the recall register and process documentation is up to date and accurate and that the recall team are acutely aware of their role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Honors (12+3 or equivalent) in Science. A degree in Microbiology/Biological Sciences/Environmental health or Equivalent is an asset/advantage.
- Internationally Recognized Food Safety and Halal Internal or Lead Auditor Qualification from a Recognized institute.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in conducting Internal and External Food Safety and Quality Audits.
- 5+ years of experience working in Food & Beverage, Manufacturing or a Catering industry.
- Experience in food Manufacturing, Catering and food safety in a Laboratory Environment.
- Experience in In-Flight Services or In-Flight Catering.
- Completed Professional/Operational training at an advanced level.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to frequently travel Internationally for duty.