Jumeirah Zabeel Saray presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Food & Beverage Director in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1997, Jumeirah Group is a luxury hospitality company which operates a world class 6,500 key port folios of 23 luxury properties across Middle East, Europe and Asia. The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world. From the iconic hotel and time less pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Beyond its properties and resorts, Jumeirah Group is also dedicated to destination dining experiences, combining most authentic & diverse cuisines.
Job Purpose of A Food & Beverage Director
- Ensure stability within the service delivery of existing operations and maintain the high levels of service excellence.
- To drive revenues, control operating expenses, train and develop colleagues and secure profits.
- To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation or image of the Resort is represented.
Duties of A Food & Beverage Director
- Assists in the co-ordination of organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Assists in planning and implementing programs, policies and procedures to ensure that Jumeirah Zabeel Saray standards are met.
- To ensure that the colleagues are aware about the JI Vision, SBU Mission, Guiding Principles, Hallmarks and a fair idea about the Quality Management System implemented in the company.
- Assists in establishing standards of performance and job descriptions of service colleagues.
- Participates in Public Relations activities, Sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the Image and profitability of the Resort.
- Ensuring that all company and Resort Policies and Procedures and minimum standards are adhered to.
- Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Participates in the preparation of the Annual Business plan and Sales and Marketing Plans.
- Monitors closely the profitability of all Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Provides solutions to improve problem areas and assists in implementing corrective measures.
- To assist in the identification of market need for both Resort guests and the local market.
- To assist in monitoring and analyzing the activities and trends of competitive restaurants and bars.
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of employees, by taking an active interest in their training, development, safety and welfare.
- Participates in training and development programs that may improve personal or department standards liaising closely with the Training Manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and implementation of the Quality Management System and continual improvement of it’s effectiveness.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, hotel management, culinary arts or a related field.
- At least 3-4 years experience in senior F&B Management roles in a luxury hotel.
- Experience with large conference and events.
- Experience in handling guest requests and exceeding their expectations.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Management skill to drive a highly dynamic operation with a diverse units.
- Creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Demonstrates highly developed F&B Management skill set and Menu compilation.
- Capable of developing, articulating and implementing business strategies and initiatives.
- Knowledge of hotel operating systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Should be able to quickly learn and adapt to a new work environment.
- High influencing skills.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and a strategic thinker.