Etihad Rail UAE presently has a job opening for qualified & experienced candidate for position of Fleet Reliability Engineer to work at Mirfa Depot in Abu Dhabi. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction & operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to highest international standards, Etihad Rail state of art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Purpose of A Fleet Reliability Engineer
- Responsible for ensuring that performance, reliability and safety of the rolling stock fleet is maintained at the required standard.
- With support of Rolling Stock Inspectors, evaluate maintenance processes and regimes, monitor and interrogate fault and failure data, carry out or facilitate analysis to determine root cause of failures.
- Ensure appropriate control measures are in place to limit re-occurrence of critical failures.
- Gather technical evidence and data to support claims for warranty and contractual non compliances by third parties.
- Carry out independent technical investigations for any safety related defects and compile professional technical reports.
- Take a lead role in continually developing and improving the ER Freight quality management system and its processes.
- Oversight of any contracted maintenance services, scrutiny of their maintenance processes and methods of working.
- Ensure any engineering changes are reviewed & approved in line with ER Freight Engineering change control policy.
Job Duties of A Fleet Reliability Engineer
- Ensure all fleet maintenance policies and procedures and document control systems are appropriate as per industry best practice or as required under the Entity in Charge of Maintenance (ECM) regulations.
- Ensuring adequate risk management and control measures are in place by the maintenance function.
- Management, review and investigation of any non conformances.
- Lead the quality and warranty management processes.
- Support functions such as procurement department by carrying out technical evaluations and audits of safety critical suppliers or service providers.
- Lead reliability & performance improvement process, collation and analysis of failure data and all maintenance related statistical data required for RAMS monitoring, handling of key risks and producing performance reports against agreed KPIs as required.
- Develop performance improvement initiatives, optimizing maintenance processes / activities & thereby promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead and carry out technical investigations and compile professional technical reports for all safety and/or mission critical failures.
- Line management of the Rolling Stock inspectors, providing support and direction as required.
- Work in close cooperation and consultation with other functions and departments as required.
- Lead the asset management processes including the support of SAP.
- Be responsible for own and others safety.
- Produce detailed reports at a frequency and content as and when directed by line manager.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering specialism.
- Minimum 3-5 years of operational experience in a senior engineering role.
- Extensive experience in rolling stock maintenance and trainbourne systems.
- Experience in quality management, RAMS and asset management.
- Extensive experience in writing engineering documentation (maintenance instructions, standards, procedures).
- Experience of working in fleet technical department or standards department.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Very good planning skills.
- Ability to work in a team & on an individual basis.
- Good leadership skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Very good computer skills.
- English as first language or advanced level of written and verbal skill.
- Analytical skills for problem solving.
- Multi skilled over a number of disciplines.
- Ability to train technicians and pass on experience and knowledge.