Dubai Institute of Design & Innovation (DIDI)
DIDI (The Dubai Institute of Design & Innovation) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Fashion Studio Technician. The selected candidate will work at fashion design studio or lab, assisting the students and teachers during the conduct of designing classes or activities. This job was recently posted by DIDI and is now open for all those candidates who aspire to join the institute !
Purpose of A Fashion Studio Technician
- Fashion Design Technician plays a crucial role in the university by assisting students and teachers in various aspects of the design and production process.
- Their main responsibility is to support designers in turning their creative ideas into tangible garments and accessories.
Duties of A Fashion Studio Technician
- Oversee the fashion design studio or lab.
- Ensure that all equipment, tools, and machinery are in good working condition.
- Organize and maintain a safe and organized working environment for students and staff.
- Maintain an inventory of necessary equipment, tools, and supplies used in the fashion design process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges that may arise during the garment creation process.
Student fashion design support
- Assist students with pattern making and grading processes.
- Help them create accurate patterns for various garment types and sizes.
- Instruct students on proper sewing techniques, fabric handling, and garment construction methods.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, techniques, and materials in the fashion industry.
- Bring innovative ideas and practices to the design studio.
- Stay updated on fashion design software and technology.
- Assist students in using relevant design software for pattern drafting, 3D modeling, and other design-related tasks.
- Work closely with faculty members to align technical support with the curriculum.
- Collaborate on design projects, events, and exhibitions.
- Organize and conduct workshops, demonstrations, and training sessions for students to enhance their technical skills.
- These workshops could cover topics such as advanced sewing techniques, fabric manipulation, or innovative design processes.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a university or fashion industry.
- Experience in teaching or mentoring students is advantageous.
- Strong technical skills in pattern making, garment construction, and sewing techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving abilities.