Etihad Rail UAE is presently looking for suitable candidate for the job position of a Facilities Controller to work at Al Faya Depot. Etihad Rail was established in 2009, with mandate to manage development, construction & operation of the UAE’s national freight and passenger railway network. Built to highest international standards, Etihad Rail’s state of the art network acts as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. The railway has redefined logistics and transport in the region, providing a modern, safe, efficient & sustainable network that connects the seven emirates of the UAE to its neighboring GCC countries. The cost effective railway network incorporates energy efficiency and sustainability while providing unique solutions for freight movement, distribution, handling, logistics and clearances.
Job Purpose of A Facilities Controller
- Responsible for monitoring rail systems and the control and supervision of the power supply network.
- To provide technical support and fault management coordination and rectification across all maintenance disciplines.
Duties of A Facilities Controller
- Maintain a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practices so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and contractors working on Etihad Rail DB infrastructure.
- Supervise, control and monitor the power supply network and substations.
- Liaison between operations & maintenance teams in respect of service affecting failures and defects.
- Log all faults, failures and incidents on the railway, ensuring that any safety related events and/or impact on train service delivery are reported to Communications Supervisor.
- Liaise with maintenance teams to attend safety related and service affecting failures.
- Liaise with the Infrastructure, Fleet and Operations Control Centre teams in matters related to preventative and corrective maintenance windows.
- Supervise and control access to line side shelters and sub stations.
- Manage initial incident response through the ‘on call’ responders.
- Produce detailed reports at a frequency and content directed by the Supervisor.
- Support the training and development of new staff.
- Perform shift and emergency duties as and when required.
- Prepare fault reporting & failure statistics.
- Monitor system performance & disseminate information to inform the respective parties.
- Lead by example and identify ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of electrical switching experience in Rail Industry.
Knowledge & Skills Desired
- Knowledge of asset management, rail operations and competence systems.
- Switchgear changeover (auto/manual) in substations.
- Understanding 33kV and 11kV single line diagrams.
- Circuit breaker reconfiguration for power loss.
- Isolation of faulty equipment (33kV, 11kV, 400V AC).
- Mechanical and electrical interlocking for switchgear.
- Power distribution, bus tie arrangements.
- Auto/manual changeover with breaker paralleling.
- 2-bus tie setup.
- Auto start of generator.
- Familiarity with various alarms.
- Safety measures for 33kV/11kV supply handling.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations.