New York University Abu Dhabi
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is hiring for the job position of Executive Director – Strategy, Operations and Budget in Abu Dhabi, UAE. NYU Abu Dhabi is a Degree-granting Research University with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate programs. These Disciplines include Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents. This enables Seamless International mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of Academic and Scholarly activity.
Role of Executive Director
The job role of an Executive Director – Strategy, Operations and Budget at NYUAD (Abu Dhabi, UAE) is to serve as the senior Strategy, Operations, Technology, Facilities and Finance officer. The Executive Director will direct the Planning and Management of Financial, IT and Facilities Resources. He will direct Operations, Administrative services, and Resource planning areas. The role person will direct daily operations for Information Technology (network operations, data warehousing, application analysis and development, PC support , help desk, and media services), Budget/Financial Planning, and Administrative Services departments.
Responsibilities of Executive Director
- Develop and Implement short- and long-term strategic plans to meet objectives in the areas of Budget, Finance, Information Technology, and Administrative Services.
- Identify strategies to enhance the effective delivery of these operations and services. Direct the Preparation, Planning, and Control of budget and financial matters.
- Establish control procedures, policies, and standards to ensure adherence to University Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to determine tuition levels for the program.
- Manage and advise on Budgetary, Financial, and Operational considerations related to the introduction of the program.
- Evaluate and Prioritize financial impact of program improvements.
- Develop, direct, and implement a historical reporting and record keeping for Resources and Ongoing Financial activity.
- Utilize systems to plan and forecast future budgets.
- Manage the deposit and recording of gifts and donations.
What you’ll do
- Supervise the Dissemination of regular financial reports to Departments and the Reconciliation of incoming financial statements from NYUAD’s central administrative offices (e.g., Controller’s Division, Internal Audit).
- Determine funding sources for Budgeted and Non-budgeted personnel expenses to meet Budgeting and Recruitment Guidelines.
- Develop and Supervise Operations, Administrative and office staff. Determine staffing needs, evaluate performance, establish goals and priorities. Provide career development guidance to maintain appropriate level of required support.
- Serve as Representative to NYUAD and NYUNY Financial, Facilities, and Technology officers, senior leadership, staff, Center Directors and Chairpersons regarding the quality, cost, and response time of Financial and Administrative support services.
- Ensure that the Controller’s Division accurately executes expenditures.
- Collaborate with various University offices to ensure Compliance with Policies and Procedures.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience managing multimillion dollar budgets and managing and developing a large, diverse staff in budget and facilities, and/or information technology within a complex organization.
Skills & Knowledge
- Expert at developing budgets and Financial Guidelines, Resource Planning and Development, Forecasting, and Financial Analysis and Reporting.
- Exceptional skills in relationship building, analysis, negotiation, follow-up, follow through and problem-solving.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities along with strong team orientation, excellent strategic planning, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency with a variety of Financial computer systems and working knowledge of Databases, Spreadsheets, and Financial-based applications required.
- Must be well versed in quality data collection to ensure adequacy, Accuracy and Legitimacy of data in NYU and NYUAD systems.
- Be able to strictly follow data privacy and security procedures for data handling and analysis to ensure adherence to legal and Institutional standards.