Brunel is seeking applications from qualified and experience candidates for the job position of Field Engineering Manager in UAE. Established in 1975, Brunel has built a foundation of serving people in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Renewable Energy and Life Sciences industries. The Company offers a variety of services and solutions focused on supporting the individual needs of their Clients, Contractors, and Employees. Brunel is a strong global brand featuring more than 12,000 Employees worldwide, all connected by a global service Infrastructure built to provide the clients with real time answers, operational excellence, and proactive support.
Role of Field Engineering Manager
At Brunel UAE, the job role of a Field Engineering Manager is to coordinate and lead all Engineering activities as they are carried out at Site, working in close liaison with Construction Site Management team and Engineering Home Office. The Engineering Manager will play the leading role among the Field Engineers (Multidiscipline), located at Site, during the Construction phase of the Project.
Responsibilities of Field Engineering Manager
- Carry out and lead all Technical / Engineering activities during the construction phase, in close coordination with Engineering Home Office. Follow project Technical Specification and Contractual Obligation.
- Ensure the technical coordination among the different stakeholders in the Project. (namely Home Office and Site Construction team, as well as other Group Subsidiaries, sub-contractors, Vendors)
- Manage, with the help of Field Engineers of various technical disciplines, the design activities pertinent to Site.
What you’ll do
- Manage, record and supervise all Design Changes raised at site with the aim to minimize time and costs impacts on the Project.
- Manage & monitor all deliverables of Field Engineering team as per KPI.
- Provide Technical leadership and ensure that Procedures and Standards are followed as per project Specification and relevant codes and standards.
- Attend and where applicable, lead Engineering meetings and discussions with the client and Construction contractor.
- Ensure close out of Engineering Site Technical Queries (STQs) in a timely manner and accordance with Construction priorities and baseline schedule.
- Ensure all the team members adhere to site HSE and project quality requirements and to lead by example.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering;
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a similar site Field Engineering management role.
- Relevant work Experience in Field Engineering in Oil and Gas construction Sites.
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiar with relevant Engineering Codes and Standards.
- Good Communication skills (English) with high level of Organizational and Leadership ability.
- Effective Coordinator with problem solving approach.
- Adaptable with site conditions.
- Attention to details, Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias towards timely performance.