Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) is seeking a Petroleum Engineer in Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADNOC is a state owned oil and gas company that was founded in 1971. It is responsible for the Exploration, Production, Refining and dtistribution of oil and gas resources in the UAE. It is one of the largest oil companies in the world and its operations include Upstream Exploration and Production, Downstream Refining and Petrochemicals Marketing and Distribution. Additionally, ADNOC has a presence in Dubai through its Subsidiary, ADNOC Distribution, which operates gas stations and convenience stores throughout UAE.
Role of Petroleum Engineer
Petroleum Engineer at ADNOC will analyze, interpret field data and carry out studies to provide Petroleum Engineering support. He will help in activities such as well testing, well completion and workover, stimulation, wireline, sampling and production logging with the objective to improving and maintaining well performance.
Responsibilities of Petroleum Engineer
At ADNOC, a Petroleum Engineer will be responsible for the following duties
- Generate completion conceptual and define completion requirements in line with the production/injection strategy for the wells.
- Evaluate and perform Artificial Lift Design for Oil Producers.
- Finalize Well Testing Strategy, Monitor and Evaluate the testing results.
- Monitor well’s performance on daily basis. Diagnose associated issues. Evaluate optimization opportunities.
- Perform Nodal Analysis for Production System Optimization.
- Aid Reservoir Teams in designing and performing pressure transient analysis.
What you’ll do
- Monitor Drilling Activities. Communicate concerns to drilling and provide Technical support for smooth running of operations.
- Create and maintain database for wells covering all operational job details, data acquired, well tests, pressure history and Optimization work performed.
- Ensure the agreed plan for the wells is being followed. Highlight any deviations required.
- Recommend and plan special tests or test runs of projects prior to recommending field wide or Reservoir Implementation.
- Coordinate the investigation of problems related to production technology and recommend appropriate solutions. Includes the use of new equipment, logging/ testing/ production techniques, studies.
- Prepare the available production and injection potential on monthly basis based on flow test results, Rig Activity Bar Chart and Hook-up & Commissioning schedule.
- Establish order of priority of opening depleted wells to obtain required field offtake, taking into consideration the reservoir constraints and injection/production balance ratio.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
- 6 or more years of experience in all aspects of Petroleum Engineering Operations.
- Technical Skills.
- Analytical skills & Problem Solving ability.
- Computer Skills.