Established in 1910, Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. Wood provides consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries including UAE. It has a large diverse work force employing around 35,000 people, delivering various services to clients in energy, industrial and infra structure sectors. Nowadays, Wood is inviting applications for job position of a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer (Yard) to be based in Dubai Drydocks.
Job Purpose of A Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
Lead and oversee the design and implementation of electrical and instrumentation projects.
Your job Duties As A Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer At Wood Dubai
- Works on assignments with a variety of design procedures and techniques at FPSO.
- Ensure compliance with clectrical & Instrumentation related work pack for project execution at site.
- Raise query (if any) on work pack to engineering team.
- Provide support on material availability to the construction contractor, liaise with material coordinator and engineering team.
- Identification of issues that impede project progress & reporting to Project Managers.
- Support with surveys with focus on RLE, site queries and support line walks at FPSO.
- Records observations, performs calculations and prepares reports on assignments.
- Performs layouts, design and checking work from the basic data supplied.
- Designs and makes detail drawings from rough sketches and the application of engineering principles.
- Establishes project drafting standards and monitors their conformance.
- Identifies cost effective solutions to design problems.
- Assists in preparation of bid evaluations.
What You’ll Do More?
- Prepares estimates of time, quantities, materials and labour required for activities related to testing, installation, manufacture, design or construction.
- Generates bill of materials from finished designs.
- Ensures quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities etc.
- Plans assigned work and obtains / provides information liaising with the project team and line manager, in time to control man hours and achieve targets.
- Carries out site visits / surveys and provides inputs to site visit reports.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines and project management.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects.
- Should be able to add value plus/ optimization ideas.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma in Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- A full understanding of the materials and methods normally used in electrical and instrumentation field.
- Understanding of related engineering principles and practices, plus training and experience in field of activity.
- Capable of getting key documents including engineering standards, piping material specifications, P&IDs, SLD’s, load schedule and line lists.
- Competent user of CAD/2D.
- PDS, PDMS, SP3D 3D Modeling or 2D drafting.
- Hands on experience in SPI/ SPEL.