Stantec presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of an Electrical Inspector (Buildings) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. It collaborates across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Their team works as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when Stantec takes on a project, it sees the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where it has worked. Stantec is an active member of the communities it serves. That’s why it always designs with a community in mind. Since growing a great design company happens from the inside out.
Job Purpose of An Electrical Inspector (Buildings)
To ensure that electrical systems in buildings comply with codes, regulations and safety standards.
Your Job Duties As An Electrical Inspector (Buildings)
- Interacting with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
- Preparing inspection reports and site records.
- Performing civil and structural tests.
- Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Collaboration and Working As Part of a Team
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
Client Service Management
- Internal and external client liaison.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years experience in a similar or equivalent position.
- Experience working on building construction projects.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.