Stantec presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Document Controller in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. It collaborates across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Their team works as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when Stantec takes on a project, it sees the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where it has worked. Stantec is an active member of the communities it serves. That’s why it always designs with a community in mind. Since growing a great design company happens from the inside out.
Job Purpose of A Document Controller
Manages and organizes company documents to ensure accuracy and accessibility.
Your Job Duties As A Document Controller At Stantec Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Maintaining a register of all incoming and outgoing mail and recording of mail before circulating for distribution to the concerned staff.
- Responsible for Control/Track/Issue of complete project documentation such as incoming and outgoing correspondence, site instructions, change orders, NFC, RFI, CVI,RFM, Letters, staff daily report, Submittals and other forms of pertinent documents from the client and subcontractors (including Atkins internal documents).
- Responsible for all technical documents and assisting in monitoring of administrative activities to facilitate the work flow.
- Maintaining and archive all files.
- Co-ordination between other Consultants & Contractors for facilitating documents work flow and ensure documents status to be closed.
- Electronic-transmission of documents.
- Data input to database related to document receiving & tracking document.
- Assist Site office administration.
- Coordination with Project Managers, Secretaries and other staff to ensure correctness of the records.
- Regular backup (electronic copy) of project document.
- Provides office employees with administrative support including, typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, maintaining appointment calendar, and other general office duties.
What You’ll Do More?
- Assist with preparation of technical specifications and contract administration.
- Ensures that each project or project phase is properly invoiced in a timely manner and manages.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team.
- Work in conjunction with all employees.
- Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
- Good communicaton.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guide lines for planning work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Resident Engineer.
Who Can Apply?
- Diploma/ Certificate from a recognized.
- 1-2 years of previous proven experience.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Good command English and Arabic both written and spoken.
- The ability to manage a heavy work oad, with a close attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Strong team working capabilities.
- A proactive approach, working effectively in co ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work if required.