Adidas UAE is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for job position of a Director Real Estate & Store Development (MENA) in Dubai. With Headquarter in Germany, Adidas is a global sportswear & athletic foot wear company known for its wide range of products including shoes, apparel and accessories. Adidas with its strong footprints across Middle East and particularly UAE, aims to cater for various sports as well as life style activities. Their aim is “Through sport, they have the power to change lives”. Adidas strives to expand limits of human possibilities, to include and unite people in sport and to create a more sustainable world.
Purpose of Director Real Estate & Store Development (MENA)
- Maximise profitability of MENA own Retail & Franchise by securing real estate in alignment with the MENA store growth targets.
- Provide guidance and strategic insight on potential site identification, assessing viability, lease negotiations as well as ensuring that financial hurdles are met in the overall development of adidas Group retail locations.
- Develop and implement planning / reporting /admin tools and processes for the overall MENA Real Estate & Store Development team and drive key landlord management framework.
Job Duties of A Director Real Estate & Store Development (MENA)
- Drive strategic growth across MENA into new and existing markets by identifying new opportunities and markets via portfolio management, impacting the top and bottom line
- Elevate the brand awareness by ensuring key markets and locations have brand presence.
- Drive performance management of the portfolio by reviewing and recommending performance enhancing opportunities with DTC counterparts.
- Directly manage retail real estate & store development professionals as well as the overall Marketplace mapping process.
- Actively develop and execute expansion strategy in respective EM and local key cities.
- Execute within group guidelines and criteria for site selection, deal making and the management of landlord relations.
- Develop all BPMs for new and / or remodeled stores in collaboration with Market Finance via a formalized process to ensure a disciplined approach to retail real estate.
- Manage external real estate resources in locating and evaluating potential sites.
- Evaluate existing store portfolio to actively drive rent reductions, recommend lease renewals and terminations and negotiate renewals and extensions where appropriate, also linked to store lifecycle.
- Make Market level commercial decisions by analysing the retail KPI’s and local retail trends and needs.
- Develop along with key stake holders the company strategy and targets into specific actions and business plans to maximise the profitability of the MENA retail store fleet.
- Evaluate the competencies of your team members on a regular basis and provide prompt feedback to drive high performance.
- Takes ownership for talent management processes to grow, develop and retain talents.
- Promote a high performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in business (ideally with marketing and sales focus).
- Minimum of 10 year’s retail expansion with landlord / mall experience.
- Previous leadership experience and track record in International Retail Real Estate function.
- Multi-channel experience or affinity.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Management ability and competency to manage landlords, brokers, developers and operators
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the timeand in some cases with limited notice.
- Strong retail business acumen (operational and fiscal).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).