American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai is seeking a Proficient candidate for the job role Dental Assistant / Dentist at Dubai Media City in UAE. The American Hospital Dubai is a technologically advanced, acute care, general medical/surgical hospital. Its mission is to provide high quality American Standard Healthcare in the United Arab Emirates. The hospital is an Inaugural member of the Prestigious Mayo Care Network. American Hospital’s cancer program was the first to offer Comprehensive one-stop care in Dubai.
Role of Dental Assistant
The job purpose of a Dental Assistant / Dentist at Dubai Media City (UAE) is to serve as Senior dentist’s chair side assistant during dental procedures. He/She prepares and maintains Dental Instruments, Treatment, Supplies and Equipment.
Duties of Dental Assistant
- Exposes and develops dental Radiographs and performs Independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist.
- Maintains Dental Department Equipment and work areas in compliance with hospital policies and procedures relative to infection control and safety issues, including the Sterilization of all reusable dental instruments and equipment and the proper disposal of all Contaminated or Potentially Contaminated materials.
- Maintains Adequate Operatory supplies and compiles a list for Inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Keeps accurate records of patient current medical history and dental charting.
- Monitors patient during Nitrous Oxide sedation in accordance to hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs oral hygiene instructions.
- Attends to staff meeting and contribute to planning and problem solving in the clinic.
- Adheres to patient’s Confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks ensuring effective functioning of the area.
- Follows the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Prioritize workload and completes correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensure safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Book patient for appointment, procedure, or treatment according to treatment plan.
- Follow up on patient’s diagnostic tests and coordinate with the dentist for informing patients about their results, treatment, or if a follow up is needed with the dentist.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation as per hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain competency in use of department specific equipment necessary for the clinic department.
- Demonstrates delivery of safe and appropriate dental care according to standards of care.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients, co-workers, visitors and others by following hospital policy in reporting of equipment failures, safety and security issues.
- Support the effective functioning of unit routine, i.e., Preparation of charts (screening), use of electronic record system, update of patient records and preparation in view of day schedule.
- Self-updating regarding internal memos and communication towards changes in clinic.
- Keep consultation rooms stocked and clean prior and after patient has been seen.
- Admit and discharge patients according to established standards.
Qualification & Experience
- 3-4-year General Nursing / Degree. OR
- 5-year Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree.
- Minimum 4 years nursing care/ dentistry experience.
- Current license to practice dentistry.
- BCLS Certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and procedures for all phases of general dentistry.