Dubai Customs is presently looking for suitably qualified candidate for the job position of a Senior Database Administrator. Dubai Customs is a leading Government Department taking part in enhancing sustainable development and promoting Dubai’s image worldwide. It works relentlessly to deliver top notch services to clients by innovating new ways & methods to facilitate Customs Procedures, in line with Dubai Government Strategic Plan. Organization endeavors to consolidate the Emirate’s position, maintain rates of economic growth & support creativity / innovation within UAE. Dubai Customs also plays a key role in protecting the community from the infiltration of drugs and prohibited goods to local use.
Purpose of a Senior Database Administrator
Oversee management of Dubai Customs databases to ensure efficient data storage and retrieval.
Job Duties of A Senior Database Administrator
- Plan and coordinate database utilization, and perform growth analysis and capacity planning.
- Build, design, implement, maintain, monitor and report the database environment and security aspects of the database system.
- Plan and develop database design to improve the operating quality and efficiency.
- Invent creative database solutions that achieve the strategic goals of organization.
- Study current database systems and document them.
- Analyze the databases risks, calculates their impact & design a proper solution for each.
- Quickly and correctly diagnose problems and introduce the best way to fix them.
- Plan, design & manage the database backup & restore processes.
- Plan, develop and implement database replacement, up gradation or migration
- Keep up to date with the latest database technology.
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
- Contribute for improving database administration services in Dubai Customs by providing information for incorporating efficient database standards, strategies and
procedures in annual strategic and operational plan.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors in Information Technology/ Database Administration, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in Database Administration.