Alshaya Group is seeking experienced candidate for the job opening of Senior Data Protection Manager – Audit & Asset Protection in UAE. Established in 1980, Alshaya Group is a dynamic Family-owned Enterprise. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, the Group is one of the world’s leading Brand Franchise Operators. It offers an Unparalleled choice of Well-loved International brands to customers. Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group Colleagues are united by a Commitment to Authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Role of Senior Data Protection Manager
The job of a Senior Data Protection / Information Security Manager at Alshaya Group UAE is to work within the established Alshaya Data Protection framework to assist the Corporate and Business teams in complying with all applicable Data Protection Regulations and Obligations.
Responsibilities of Data Protection / Information Security Manager
- Assisting in the drafting process of all data protection Policies, Standards, Scripts, Templates, and Procedures.
- Cross functionally supporting Corporate teams such as Marketing, HR and Customer Service devised in Tegional offices by engaging with data stewards where data protection advice/inputs are required.
- Participating in the Implementation of Data Protection Impact Assessments, Legitimate Interests Assessments and Transfer Impact Assessments in company’s Cloud-based Privacy Management platform.
- Supporting the Head of Data Protection and Director of Information Security in Managing and Addressing ministry, governmental and authority requests relating to Data Privacy, in addition to complaints/requests from customers, employees and suppliers throughout the company in all regions.
- Managing a team of Data Protection managers and specialists. Deliver the DP strategy and supporting the Head of DP in driving compliance to internal DP and external Government policies and procedures, (GDPR amongst others) throughout the company.
- Instigating mitigating actions to any DP breach highlighted through the InfoSec team. Working with them to address the breach and limit the impact to the business.
- Liaise with all Government and Ministerial bodies, ensuring the company is compliant to the relevant market and GDPR regulatory requirements.
- Updating the Alshaya Register of Operations Processing Activities (“ROPA”).
- Supporting the third-party due Diligence asstessment process, where applicable.
Qualification & Experience
- CIPP/E Qualification essential.
- Data Protection Management and Compliance backgrounds with a Minimum experience of 5 years required.
- Previous Experience minimum of 2 years in privacy legal or governance with Cloud-based privacy management platforms such as OneTrust™ or TrustArc™.
- Experience in drafting Policies, Operating Procedures or Guidelines.
- Experience Drafting, Documenting, and Executing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Communicate effectively – Developing and delivering Multi-mode Communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.