Mediclinic Corporate Office presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Data Engineer in Dubai, UAE. Mediclinic is a diversified international health care services group, established in South Africa in 1983, with divisions in Switzerland, Southern Africa and Middle East. Middle East Mediclinic operates 7 hospitals in the UAE with over 950+ in patient beds, including the newly opened Mediclinic Parkview Hospital in Dubai, as well as more than 24 clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra. Emirate Mediclinic hospitals and clinics have state of the art equipment and highly skilled staff. They follow a team approach in expanding and dynamic environment as they enhance the quality of life of patients.
Job Purpose of a Data Engineer
To utilize a variety of programming techniques to design and build reports and dashboards aimed at aligning IT services with business needs.
Job Duties of a Data Engineer
- Gathering business requirements design and roll out reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) which includes backend extracts, report and dashboard design/development.
- Manage the design, data collection, transfer, and analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) and perform data validation and quality control checks (automation of processes.
- Develop statistical analysis programs utilizing various technologies to summaries data and create reports while performing data output and statistical analysis (validation).
- Collect data from various data sources, consolidate and analyze the data and present to business stakeholders for decision making (publishing report to end users).
- Maintain and update data repositories, ensuring data integrity, consistency, and security (maintenance of published reports).
Who Can Apply?
- A relevant IT Degree/Diploma or other relevant IT related qualification in programming or BI tools from an accredited institution.
- Certification in ITIL V3 Foundations.
- At least 3 year’s data analysis or report writing and programming language experience (e.g. CACHE object scripts).
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of programming that facilitate extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various sources.
- Healthcare application database architecture and design.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate user requirements into technical specifications and systems.
- Healthcare data analytics.
- Sound knowledge in any of the BI platforms or technologies.
- Intersystem/Cache Technologies.