Emirates General Petroleum Corporation (Emarat) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of Corporate Legal Specialist in Dubai. The job is recently posted on company’s website and aspiring candidates with relevant experience and knowledge can apply for this job to be part of this globally renowned company.
Job Purpose of Corporate Legal Specialist
To support and work closely with Legal Advisor in providing advisory services to the Deputy General and Department Managers on all legal, compliance, corporate governance and contractual matters pertaining to the business with the objective of minimizing exposure to legal risks through compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
Responsibilities of Corporate Legal Specialist
- Prepares legal documents, letters, contracts and other related documents as assigned by Line Manager.
- Assists Line Manager in reviewing and evaluating all documentation, contracts, lease agreements, correspondence etc that have legal implications to reduce EMARAT’s liability and protect its interests.
- Represents the organization in legal proceedings, as assigned by line Manager.
- Liaises with the Ministry of Legal Affairs and other Governmental Departments / Authorities as required on the submission of legal documentation.
- Conducts legal research as it may be required for legal queries.
- Conducts and support LA in large and highly complex legal assignments assuring legal representation for Emarat’s claims and legal proceedings.
- Provides feedback in coordination with Internal, external, and state audit with regards to Emarat’s legal compliance when required.
- Coordinates with Organization’s Management on their requirements related to legal matters pertaining to their operations.
- Assists Line Manager in preparing documentation with respect to matters relating to government and regulatory compliance, litigation dispute resolution, arbitration, and any other relevant matters.
- Translates of legal documents from English to Arabi and vice versa.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with external legal offices to meet EMARAT’s business and operational objectives directed.
- Works effectively, proactively and with urgency across EMARAT and externally to ensure the delivery of joint services/results that meet EMARAT’s interests.
- Protects Emarat against legal risks.
- Examines legal issues and legal risks in relation to new deals and services to be provided by Emarat.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelors in Law or Legal Studies.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in relevant field.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of Contract Law.
- Knowledge of General Correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in Arabic and English (both written and verbal).