Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Controllership Manager in Dubai, UAE. MAF is an Emirati holding company based in Dubai, UAE. It owns & operates shopping malls, leisure establishments and retail in the MENA region. The group was established in 1992 and manages three major operating subsidiaries, Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Properties and Majid Al Futtaim Retail. MAF Retail establishes and manages supermarkets, hypermarkets, fashion and specialty retail stores. The company has over 40,000 team members in 15 International markets representing over 100 Nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Job Purpose of A Controllership Manager
- Ensure adequacy of internal control environment, ensuring GS delivery of services, Forecast, review and report balance sheet.
- Review on receivables & collections, support department head in working capital management, JV reporting and drive along with business and department head various Finance Transformation.
Duties of A Controllership Manager
- Work along with department head to ensure Risk management and Compliance framework set by Corporate is embedded and operational for SMBU.
- Provide support to COE teams in periodically reviewing SMBU DOA and Policy/Procedure documents.
- Independently assess and manage all the financial risks raised by Internal audit across SMBU.
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation.
- Reporting on Compliance.
Finance, IT and Procurement – Global Service Management
- Support department head to put in place a clear service delivery machinery from various Global service opco’s.
- Reviewing GS performance and reporting on any service delivery, governance, tax, reporting lapses.
- Work with GS to with the objective of “Continues Improvement in services and tools” which can deliver greater benefits from less investment.
- Work along with business and GS to put in place accounting process for new lines of income/ expense.
Receivables and Collections management
- Support in monitoring and reporting all aspects of receivables and collections.
- Working along with department Head of finance to set collection targets and revise them on regular basis.
- Take part in aggressive follow up mechanism for tracking collections along with head of finance & business and provide required support collection team.
- Review and report SMBU Cash position, explore avenues to improve the overall SMBU cash position and unearned income.
What You’ll Do More?
Balance sheet Budgeting/Forecast and Working capital management
- Plan, budget, forecast and deliver receivables and unearned income areas of SMBU balance sheet.
- Work along with FP&A team in preparing and submitting balance sheet and cashflow forecast/ budget along with working capital projection.
- Track balance sheet and working capital performance against budget on monthly basis.
Finance Transformation & Business process optimisation
- To provide support to department head in identifying areas that require transformation and business process optimisation and on an ongoing basis.
- Handle independently (start to end) agreed transformation projects.
Financial statements and JV management
- Ensure that GS/ Corporate prepares and delivers on timely basis and in an accurate manner all the SMBU standalone financial statements.
- Ensures that all aspects of joint ventures board reporting, including providing financial or transactional services under JV agreements are taking place in timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across SMBU.
- Build the capability of staff reporting into by providing on time regular feedback including annual review on performance.
- Manage, guide and mentor the team reporting into and take full responsibility in identifying potential talent and timely supporting professional development.
Who Can Apply?
- Qualified accountant, holding CA/ ACCA/ CPA degree.
- 5-7 years post qualification experience