NMC Healthcare (NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of a Consultant Urology in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting the UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of A Consultant Urology
Provides leadership, direction and coordination of the activities of the Urology Department to maintain proper professional procedures, to meet Company Standards and comply with the JCI. Participates in the planning and implementation of integrated preventive and curative medical care programs.
Your Job Duties As A Consultant Urology
- Provides comprehensive and diligent urological care to patients (in OPD & IP), including pre- and post-operative care and such urological procedures as are within incumbent’s competence.
- Assumes after hours responsibility for the care of surgical cases and makes daily rounds for those hospitalized.
- Refers to specialists or consults with them on those cases which are beyond his skill or experience.
- Adheres to the by laws and Rules and regulations of the Medical Department and assures that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Consults with the anaesthetist on the choice of anaesthesia to be used.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all assigned cases.
- Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as lectures, conferences and rounds.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information and regarding administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Evidences dependability in carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HOD.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH / Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
Who Can Apply?
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- Three years residency in Urology-culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and / or equivalent Fellowships approved by DOH.
- Five or more year’s exclusive practice of Urology since certification.
- Must have DOH License to practice.
- English is required to prepare documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different nationalities.
- Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics.