Sheikh Khalifa Medical City Ajman
Sheikh Khalifa Women and Children Hospital is looking for a Consultant in Neonatal Intensive Care to join the NICU Department. The role requires excellent clinical and technical skills in NICU environment. The ideal candidates should have Board membership or equivalent, e.g. The American Board of Medical Specialties, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, GMC/CCST Specialist Register, Fachartz Specialist Certificate, Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges American Board/CCT/CCST/ in Neonatal Critical Care/Intensive Care. Applicants need to provide well documented experience within NICU.
Role of Consultant NICU
The Consultant is expected to cover clinics with on-call duty and provide treatment to new born infants for birth defects, infections and breathing issues.
Duties of Consultant NICU
- Provide routine and acute primary care to newborn infants in NICU.
- Assess and evaluate newborn’s condition.
- Provide evaluation and intervention to critical and chronically ill infants.
- Console parents and keep them updated about the infant’s condition.
- Evaluate patient’s reports and decide the course of treatment.
- Ensure the control of infection in NICU setting.
- Participate in medical audit.
Education & Experience
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Completion of specialty qualification (Tier 1 or Tier2).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience post Specialty Board as a Consultant.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Communication skills.