Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Consultant Neuro Surgeon in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Mediclinic is a diversified international health care services group, established in South Africa in 1983, with divisions in Switzerland, Southern Africa and Middle East. Middle East Mediclinic operates 7 hospitals in the UAE with over 950+ in patient beds, including the newly opened Mediclinic Parkview Hospital in Dubai, as well as more than 24 clinics in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra. Emirate Mediclinic hospitals and clinics have state of the art equipment and highly skilled staff. They follow a team approach in expanding and dynamic environment as they enhance the quality of life of patients.
Job Purpose of a Consultant Neuro Surgeon
To provide patient-centric and evidence based consultant-level care by ensuring compliance to ethical and professional standards set by the company and regulatory authorities.
Job Duties of A Consultant Neuro Surgeon
- Provide a comprehensive professional and ethical quality clinical services to patients in an effective and efficient manner.
- Monitor and manage clinical risks associated with direct patient care.
- Ensure compliance with clinical governance and quality management standards.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
- Ensure excellence in medical practice is maintained by focusing on continuous professional development of self and others.
- Maintain integrity in professional services by executing clinical services in an ethical and responsible manner.
Who Can Apply?
- Essential: Basic medical degree and completion of higher education programme (fellowship/diploma) recognised by the relevant UAE healthcare authority.
- Desired: Speciality specific.
- Certification and registration in a speciality recognised by relevant UAE healthcare authority.
- Active and valid life support certification (e.g. BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS, NRP).
- Essential: At least 3-5 years’ post qualification experience at Consultant level (independent of country).
- Desired: At least 1 year Consultant level experience from a Tier 1 country as specified by the UAE healthcare regulator.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Ability to facilitate and support clinical clerkship training for medical students and junior colleagues.
- Proficiency in an electronic medical record system.
- Effective communication.
- Knowledge of clinical audit standards and processes.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English (Arabic will be an advantage).