Sheikh Khalifa Medical City Ajman
Sheikh Khalifa Medical City Ajman is looking for a Consultant in Infectious Diseases to join the Medicine Department at Sheikh Khalifa Hospital Masfoot. The role requires extensive experience in Infectious Diseases, with strong knowledge in the most common infectious diseases, among children and adults alike. The ideal candidate possesses experience from an Antibiotic Stewardship Program. There is no permanent on-call requirement for the role, however, the Consultant is expected to be available to occasionally consult on cases outside working hours.
Role of Consultant Infectious Diseases
Provide diagnosis and treatment to all types of complex infections caused by viruses, fungi, bacteria and parasites.
Responsibilities of Consultant Infectious Diseases
- Review medical and family history of the patient.
- Perform physical examination where needed.
- Order diagnostic tests and review reports.
- Investigate and treat infections caused by micro organisms.
- Ensure compliance with the medical and regulatory standards of the hospital.
Education & Experience
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution and Completion of specialty qualification (Tier 1 or Tier2).
- Licensed by Ministry of Health & Prevention.
- Well documented experience within Infectious Diseases.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Consultant within the specialty.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work Independently and in a team.
- In depth knowledge of infections and infection control.
- Organized and professional.
- Communication skills.