University Hospital Sharjah
University Hospital Sharjah (UHS) presently require Female Consultant Gastroenterologist to join their hospital clinical services team. UHS is a world class hospital, that has all the specialty and super specialty areas of medicine and surgery. They have various centers of Excellence that strive to give the patients best medical advice, treatment and care that could be compared to any famous and most committed medical centers in Sharjah. They give their medical fraternity an opportunity to chisel and fine tune their skills to perfection using cutting edge technology and theoretical solutions. Their doctors are in a continuous state of enriching themselves and the lives of their patients. If you have skills, here is an opportunity to join the family of UHS !
Job Overview of A Consultant Gastroenterologist
- Provide specialized medical care and treatment for patients with gastrointestinal disorders and contributing to the academic and research activities of the hospital.
- Being one of the clinical roles within the Clinical Services of the hospital, purpose of specialist is to ensure establishment of services at the hospital in line with International standards and to meet and exceed accreditation standards.
What You’ll Do As A Consultant Gastroenterologist At University Hospital Sharjah
- Admitting patients to hospital.
- Ordering treatments and medications.
- Conducting ward rounds at least once daily.
- Keeping daily records of inpatient progress.
- Attending specified clinics.
- Following up patients in both inpatient and out patient settings.
- Following up results of investigations and adjusting patient treatment / management accordingly.
- Receiving calls and seeing patients from the Emergency Department and specialty clinics.
- Receiving calls and consultation requests from other departments or hospitals.
- Seeing patients referred for consultation.
- Maintaining a good working relationship and professional conduct with all members of the staff and hospital staff.
- Providing on call consultation coverage on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, weekends, and public holidays, as required and may be required to do in house on call.
- Participate in Quality improvement activities meeting JCI & regulatory requirements.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.).
- American Specialty Board or equivalent in accordance with MOH Table of Equivalency.
- 5 years clinical experience post certification in the appropriate specialty.
- BLS certificate.
- ACLS certificate.
- UAE Ministry of Health license.