Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is presently recruiting suitably qualified candidate for the job position of a Conference and Events Manager in Dubai, UAE. Established in 1997, Jumeirah Group is a luxury hospitality company which operates a world class 6,500 key port folios of 23 luxury properties across Middle East, Europe and Asia. The group boasts some of the most prestigious and captivating properties in the world. From the iconic hotel and time less pinnacle of luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah to modern twist on a British classic in the heart of Knightsbridge at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, Jumeirah’s name is synonymous with service excellence, crafting exceptional experiences for everyone who walks through its doors. Beyond its properties and resorts, Jumeirah Group is also dedicated to destination dining experiences, combining most authentic & diverse cuisines.
A Word About Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel is a contemporary lifestyle hotel located 2 kms from Dubai Airport in the heart of old Dubai. Set in landscaped grounds overlooking Dubai Creek, the hotel offers 292 rooms & suites, 21 meeting rooms, 4 restaurants, an award winning spa and access to sports and leisure complex.
Job Purpose of A Conference and Events Manager
Maximize the yield, revenue and profit of Conference & Incentive Department by focusing on customer satisfaction, employing creative and innovative practices, set ups and decorations and the utilization of state of the art AV equipment.
Your Job Duties As A Conference and Events Manager At Jumeirah Creekside Hotel Dubai (UAE)
- Ensures that all colleagues activities adhere to and support the Jumeirah Quality Management System.
- Reviews available dates to maximize utilization of space with the revenue Manager.
- Reviews booked business and finalize space usage.
- Monitors attendance with space held.
- Conducts weekly review with Conferences & Incentive personnel on business pick up and available dates.
- Conducts analysis of utilization versus function space held.
- Reviews the daily logbook from Conferences & Service Department with functions held and obtains revenue production and guests comments.
- Liaises with relevant departments to ensure all customer needs and requests are met.
- Physically inspects function rooms and directs activities of Conferences & Events colleagues.
- Constantly reviews actual group or function requirements.
- Liaises with Director of Sales & Marketing in the development of the marketing plan and budget of the Conferences & Incentive Department.
- Increases business revenue through new business or up selling.
What You’ll Do More As A Conference & Events Manager?
- Sets and maintains operating equipment.
- Conducts monthly inventories of operating equipment.
- Conducts monthly physical checks of the function and meeting rooms in conjunction with engineering (preventive maintenance).
- Conducts daily operations meetings or as per business requirements.
- Continually seeks to improve the standards of quality of services and food rendered (set menu presentation, buffet set ups, props, table tops, menus and printed matters, light and sound, furniture).
- Provide counselling, coaching and discipline to colleagues as needed.
- Provide performance appraisals and feedback as per company procedures
- Assess and provide adequate training and coaching for all C&I colleagues to enable them to perform their roles
- Under takes all job tasks competently
- Identifies and evaluates business trends/needs and uses this information to set and review departmental objectives.
- Ensures clear SOPs are developed, communicated, updated and implemented to ensure compliance with ISO and Quality.
- Measures and monitors operational performance.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management.
- 5 years and above in conference and banqueting.
- Leadership roles for at least 2 years.
- Exposure to Arabic Market (Weddings / Government)
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Knowledge of Events Booking System i.e. Delphi.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Strong Selling and Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent Communication and Written Skills.
About The Benefits
- An attractive tax free salary.
- Generous F&B benefits.
- Reduced hotel rates across the globe.
- Excellent leave and health care package.
- Flights home, life insurance and other employee benefits.