Adidas UAE presently has an opening for devoted candidates for the position of a Horizontal Communications & Newsroom Manager to join their Marketing & Communications team. With headquarter in Germany, Adidas is a global sportswear and athletic foot wear company known for its wide range of products including shoes, apparel and accessories. Adidas with its strong footprints across Middle East and particularly UAE, Adidas aims to cater for various sports as well as life style activities. Their aim is “Through sport, they have the power to change lives”. Adidas strives to expand limits of human possibilities, to include and unite people in sport and to create a more sustainable world. All the achievements that company has made across the globe are positively due to its highly professional staff.
Pupose of A Communications & Newsroom Manager At Adidas
- Play a key role across Emerging Markets hub team by making sure prioritized story telling concepts (adidas Brand Campaigns, Horizontal X-Cat Concepts, Commercial Moments) are conducted in partnership with the global & local marketing partners.
- Focus on the 360 communications planning and making of plans from strategy to execution through to reporting and insights that will fuel the next round of seasonal planning.
- Additionally Ad hoc projects related to agency management, consumer insights, brand KPI’s and MWB will be required.
What You Will Do As A Communications & Newsroom Manager At Adidas
- Understand global and be a key player in the development and sell in of the Emerging Markets brand strategy.
- Provide seasonal input into the Omni channel calendar (in partner ship with Omnichannel Planning) to coordinate cross functional teams to deliver against key stories related to brand and commercial opportunities for the business.
- Focus on key campaigns and associated category / cultural moments that can create an opportunity to create brand desire.
- Horizontal over sight across brand and commercial moments.
- Development of market communications tool kits as required or supplementing global tools via localization.
- Guide clusters partners in marketing in line with principles of media, retail & activation budget planning related to in scope campaigns.
- Ensure global updates are regularly communicated in line with OTIF mile stones & Emerging Markets end to end campaign process.
- Share the feed back from local partners to global partners to help shape tool kits and direction.
- Guide end-to-end compaign process including briefing, planning, campaign coordination and reporting cross functionally to deliver against an agreed plan.
- Ensure global and Emerging Markets guide lines are upheld during all execution of the brand activation.
- Brief, lead and manage creative and adaptation agency partners as required.
- Attend and cascade the global newsroom strategy to clusters across digital publishing, public relations, partner publishing and analytics.
- Manage newsroom calendar at market level and work alongside clusters on their local newsroom content.
- Drive strategic PR initiatives such as press preview, spokesperson training, editorial communications and create effective targeting strategies.
- Drive news room strategy across key campaigns across the calendar and report on key KPIs.
Who Can Apply?
- University degree in business / marketing.
- 5-8 years of same work experience.
- Experience in the sporting goods industry.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- General Marketing Communications Knowledge.
- Leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to develop and apply a strategy for managed story telling concepts & projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Industry and market knowledge.
- Well rounded brand activation experience across a mix of retail, brand, events, digital and editorial.
- Driven to succeed against set KPI’s.
- Excellent inter personal skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Creative vision with practical experience.
- Negotiations skills.