Wood UAE is currently recruiting a Commercial Lead for Iraq Operations with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.This is a Dubai based role with frequent trips to Iraq. Desirous candidates can apply for this position to be part of the well renowned company.
Job Purpose of Commercial Lead
To develop and own the commercial model for the joint venture company Wood. Al Majal, working in compliance with Wood policies/procedures and deliver Brownfield Maintenance Modifications, Completions & Commissioning, and Maintenance Projects within Iraq’s Oil & Gas Sector.
Responsibilities of Commercial Lead
- Implementation of Commercial Strategy for Wood. Al Majal and ensure alignment with Business Plan.
- Provide input to annual budget and manage costs against approved budget.
- Commercial Lead for all proposals, including ownership of all pricing and associated tasks, development of commercial strategies for tenders, preparation of tender approval documents and presentation for approval.
- Liaise with Wood and Al Majal corporate functions, including Contracts and Legal for proposals and contractual matters.
- Ownership of procurement and subcontracts.
- Governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework.
- Liaise with various external interfaces (Clients, Subcontractors, Suppliers) with regards to tendering, contractual discussions, progress meetings.
- Deliver Commercial Presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead negotiation of Terms and Conditions with clients and suppliers.
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to Wood. Al Majal.
- Provide commercial training to other functions/departments to increase commercial awareness within Wood. Al Majal business.
HSE, Quality and Assurance
- Promote safe working practices.
- Ensure compliance with Commercial and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with Wood policies.
- Guide and direct the team to achieve goals.
- An advocate and role model for ethical behavior and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Teach and empower others to make decisions within established parameters.
Who Can Apply?
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, or similar discipline.
- Professional qualifications desirable but not essential.
- 5 to 7 years experience in a similar leadership/management role.
- Experience in Proposals required.
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution.
- Experience in drafting and interpretation of contractual documentation.
- Iraq experience preferred but not essential.
- Quantity Surveying experience would be beneficial but not essential.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management.
- Passionately and visibly pursues, supports, demonstrates, and embeds company values.
- Demonstrate commitment to Wood Commercial Process and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others.
- Ability to prioritize key tasks and solve problems for the team.
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports.