Emirates Airline is looking for an experienced applicant for the job position of a Commercial Business Controller (OTA Channels) in Dubai, UAE. Emirates connects the world to, and through, its global hub in Dubai. The airline operates Modern, Efficient and Comfortable aircrafts. Its Culturally diverse workforce delivers Award-winning services to customers across six Continents every day. As a Global Organization, Emirates Airline is committed to ethical business practices with the belief that Long‑term, successful business relationships are built on Honesty, Fairness and the Strength of products and services. Join their team in Dubai and enjoy an Attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to its industry.
Job Purpose of A Commercial Business Controller (OTA Channels)
- Successful candidate is essential for the OTA Channels unit within the Leisure and Special Segments department under Emirates Global Sales.
- This role requires thorough analysis of passenger, yield, flight, channel / segment, and industry data to give a comprehensive view of Emirates Airline’s business within the broader OTA industry.
- Also responsible for establishing the groundwork for the automation and publication of scheduled periodic reports to all stakeholders while leveraging technical and commercial knowledge to devise new data capture and reporting methods.
- This role also serves as the primary contact point for the global sales force and head office departments regarding technical queries and questions related to the EK Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), EK internal revenue reporting systems, and EK incentive management systems for the OTA Channel.
Your Job Duties As A Commercial Business Controller (OTA Channels) At Emirates Airline Dubai (UAE)
- Assist in creating, validating, testing, and implementing strategic measures through accurate, relevant, and timely data gathering and validation. This includes testing of assumptions and facilitating the implementation process.
- Provide and support critical ad-hoc reports to the global sales force to maintain information symmetry between head office and outstations.
- Develop process-related documentation to enhance efficiency in all production-related tasks. Standardize data used in reports to ensure accuracy and consistency across all Business Intelligence (BI) team reporting.
- Foster strong relationships with relevant IT teams to ensure any issues affecting data quality and access to information are efficiently communicated and addressed.
- Represent the management team on projects that impact or enhance the department’s capabilities. Use commercial and technical knowledge to deliver high-quality outcomes and provide necessary feedback to management.
What You’ll Do More?
- Provide timely and accurate periodic KPI reporting based on the Balanced Scorecard principle.
- Find efficiencies to improve the production of scheduled reports, implement a structured approach to enhancements of such reports.
- Comment on commercial trends, identify risks, and find efficiencies to improve scheduled report production.
- Use available tools to measure performance against targets and industry trends. Highlight opportunities to improve revenue performance through analysis of segment, channel and point of sale data.
- Exploit and champion the use of new BI tools (Single Customer View and the corporate BI data warehouse) and commercial systems thus supporting the management team in providing a flexible and efficient ad hoc reporting capability.
- Provide functional expertise to the OTA manager to drive system & reporting improvements to ensure efficient MIS reporting.
- Ensure knowledge of all commercial reporting tools remains current and that this information is appropriately documented and shared with other team members to aid the consistent delivery of high-quality information to all stakeholders.
- Seek information from sources outside of the Emirates reporting environment such as travel trade publications, our OTA Partners, tourism bodies and financial institutions to provide a rounded, value-add approach to provision of information.
- Establish links between this data and our corporate commercial environment to provide enhanced insight into reported trends.
- Deliver timely and accurate KPI reporting according to the commercial strategic priorities of the business and the department, identifying potential enhancements to the CRM where necessary, incentive management system, and revenue reporting tools, in addition to, Contract Management Systems.
- Improve existing dashboards and reports in the CRM and explore more efficient report building methodologies.
- Provide functional expertise to drive efficient, accurate reporting and be the subject matter expert for EK’s CRM system in relation to the OTA channels.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration.
- 5+ years of experience working in a commercial environment, with responsibility for providing management reporting incorporating sales forecasting, diagnostics, trend analysis and competitor insight.
- Experience in providing and implementing commercial and CRM solutions within an airline.
- Salesforce.com certified administrator is advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with all divisions of the Commercial Operations department.
- Excellent analytical ability with an understanding of data processing and information systems, tools and applications for airline marketing.
- Familiarity and experience with current Emirates applications and systems.
- Technical knowledge of system integration techniques such as API, web services, etc.