Abbott is seeking a qualified and experienced Collecting Officer in UAE. The position is within Abbott Toxicology business and the base of work will be within the newly built ‘Centre of Excellence’ within the Emirates headquarters (HQ) in Dubai. This job was recently posted by the company on its careers page. Applicants from any nationality, that fulfil the eligiblity criteria can apply and make use of this amazing opportunity.
Purpose of Collecting Officer
The Collecting Officer will attend various locations within the HQ to carry out specimen collections primarily in urine and breath but potentially in oral fluid or hair. There will also be a requirement to travel to the other Emirates sites across the globe to conduct the same specimen collections.
Responsibilities of Collecting Officer
- Conduct specimen collections competently; following internal collection procedures, the customers’ requirements and instructions in order to deliver a quality specimen collection service.
- To participate, where there is a business need, in a 24-hour on-call rota.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to organize and facilitate the testing program.
- To remain current with processes by reading and acknowledging updates within the required time frame and attend and audits at the required time to remain competent.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the management of the business.
Education & Experience
- Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Lab Technologist (Bachelors in Medical Lab Technology).
- 2-4 years experience in related field.
- Educated to National Standards.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong verbal and written English.
- IT literate and basic skill in Word, Excel & Outlook.
- A self-motivated individual with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to follow set processes to ensure the right outcome.