Ajman University is presently recruiting physically fit and agile Female candidate for Part time sports job position of a Coach Table Tennis to join their Unit of Athletics. Established in 1988, Ajman University is a multi cultural institution that offers a broad range of high quality undergraduate & graduate academic programs. In 2020, Ajman University became one of the first six higher education institutions in the world to receive global accreditation from the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), UK’s independent body and a global leader in quality assurance for higher education. AU develops well rounded, career ready graduates who are professionally sound, competent, socially responsible, innovative & active contributors to development of the UAE.
Job Purpose of A Coach Table Tennis
- A Table Tennis Coach instructs players at practice and during games.
- She is also responsible for designing plays and strategies for the team.
Your Duties As A Coach Table Tennis
- Leadership skills & ability to influence and guide the team.
- Knowledge of sport type.
- Knows and understands the Table Tennis league rule book.
- Studies the skills and abilities of the players on the team and guide each player in the most suitable position.
- Recognizes and uses each player’s specific talents to devise plays and playing strategies for games.
- Studies the abilities of the players on opposing teams as well as their coach’s strategies.
- Knows how many timeouts are left in each game and makes the best use of them.
- Keeps up with the score throughout the game.
- Devises drills and practice exercises that will adequately prepare players for each game.
- Watches films of past games to identify playing and coaching mistakes and avoid them in the future.
- Guide players the rules of the game and how to avoid making fouls that result in penalties.
- Works with individual players to hone their particular skills and eliminate bad habits.
- Completes any paperwork required for the job, especially in a public University setting.
- Help build the skill level of the team.
- Looks for new players and recruits them for the team.
- Sets training plan for developing players.
- Observe security and safety factors.
- Co-organizing sports competitions and events.
- Good selection of sports and training equipment.
- Maintaining sports equipment and facilities.
- Escort the team to the venue of the tournament, friendly games and competitions.
- Degree in physical education, exercise science or similar.
- Have experience playing in a Table Tennis team.
- 1-2 years experience as a Table Tennis coach or as an assistant Table Tennis coach.
- UAE national.
Skills & knowledge Desired
- Ability to react calmly and efficiently in emergency.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of Table Tennis.
- The coach should be in good physical condition.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Have the ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep the temper in check.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must have basic proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Flexibility and adaptability.