Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) presently is seeking applications of suitable candidate for job position of a Clinical Resource Nurse in Abu Dhabi, UAE SSMC one of the UAE’s largest hospitals, was founded as part of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 to elevate health care services in the Emirate. SSMC works on mission to “Deliver holistic, transformational healthcare solutions that exceed expectations and generate loyalty in the Emirates & beyond”. It delivers world class health services to patients, supported by the latest medical equipment & internationally trained care givers. Conclusively, SSMC is a corner stone of Abu Dhabi’s health care services which are aligned with global quality and safety standards.
Employment of Nurses At SSMC
SSMC nurses are leading global transformation of nursing practice to enhance patient care for everyone & everywhere. Every day, SSMC nurses apply their knowledge and expertise to the care of people with complex conditions. SSMC recruits best nurses from around the world and integrate into high standards & unique work environment, to provide good patient experience.
Job Purpose of A Clinical Resource Nurse
Responsible for development and maintenance of a competency based continuing education program that supports the nurses in all specialty areas towards improvement in clinical practice.
Your Job Duties As A Clinical Resource Nurse At SSMC Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Assesses and identifies educational needs and develops educational programs accordingly.
- Performs evaluation of clinically based programs to determine if they meet staff needs & are responsive to department direction
- Formulates measurable performance criteria to assess nurses levels of competence.
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other disciplines in development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs.
- Demonstrates skill in adult education, group dynamics, curriculum development, communication and teaching strategies.
- Assists nursing staff to integrate new knowledge and skill into their practice.
- Provides bedside clinical consultations in the area of expertise.
- Leads the implementation of evidence based practice and takes part in research to promote clinical knowledge and a research based clinical practice environment.
- Engages in health promotion activities in the organization and community.
- Manages information technology to access, transmit and produce information as necessary.
- Utilizes information gained from program evaluation to determine future program directions.
- Maintains fresh knowledge of evidence based practice relevant to the specialty.
- Acts as a professional role model with regard to self development and self accountability by projecting the image of a self directed learner and setting high personal work standards.
- Monitor clinical care to meet standards.
- Identify variances and initiate correct measures and this information shall be used for educational and bedside teaching.
- Monitor staff performance and provide regular feed back and support to the team on the shift.
- Provide staff performance feed back to the manager.
Qualification & Certification
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
- Degree in Nursing (minimum two years course) & Registration as a Registered Nurse from Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
- Valid national license.
- MSc in nursing education.
- NLT 6 year’s of experience post qualification in an appropriate health care setup.
- 1 year as an educator.