Pakistan Islamia Higher Secondary School
Pakistan Islamia Higher Secondary School (PIHSS) is seeking a qualified candidate for the job of Chemistry Teacher in Sharjah, UAE. PIHSS Sharjah was established in September 1974. Initially the classes began with around 150 students but now the strength has increased to over 2300. In 1990, the school was put under the administrative control of the Consulate General of Pakistan. The spacious premises of the school comprise of separate facilities for male and female students from class 4 onwards. The school provides Academic excellence for the students, boosting their Self-esteem and Confidence.
Scope of Chemistry Teacher
At PIHSS Sharjah UAE, the job of a chemistry teacher is to serve to develop the next Generation of Scientists and Engineers. The Instructor will also help all students better Understand chemical reactions and how they works in their everyday lives.
Responsibilities of Chemistry Teacher
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of Instruction, Demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and Investigate.
- Work with parents and other teachers / Counselors to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems, if any.
- Assign and grade Chemistry class work and homework.
- Prepare, Administer, and grade tests and Assignments to evaluate students’ progress in Chemistry.
- Prepare students for final exams by Encouraging them to explore learning Opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks
- Prepare lectures and classrooms for class activities.
- Instruct through Lectures, Discussions, and Demonstrations.
- Maintain order among students by enforcing class rules.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and Communicate those objectives to students.
- Adapt Teaching methods and Instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Attend meetings, Educational Conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve Professional Competence.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry. Masters is Preferable.
- Relavent experience in teaching Chemistry at Higher Secondary level.
- Passion for teaching Chemistry.
- Excellent Demonstration and Presentation skills.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Patient and polite.