Careem is seeking an experienced candidate for the job of Category Executive / Specialist in Dubai, UAE. Careem is a leading Multi-service app, with Operations in over 100 cities, covering 20 Countries, across the Middle East, South Asia and Africa. Established in July 2012, it is now Wholly-owned Subsidiary of Uber Technologies since January 2020. The Application provides multiple services of riding, order food and grocery, Delivering Couriers, make mobile payments and more. Careem is pioneering the Development of Innovative services to help the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
Job Role of Category Executive
At Careem UAE (Dubai), the job role of a Category Executive / Specialist is to work with the Category Manager on maintaining the category strategy in alignment with the overall Department & Business strategy.
Responsibilities of Category Executive
- Work with the Category Manager to achieve the objectives and the targets of the category.
- Identify and sourcing key consumer trends in online grocery /Q-commerce business.
- Source & Negotiate items promotions from suppliers on a monthly, weekly and eventually basis.
- Plan, source, and execute Monetization campaigns which meet the partners needs and Careem Quik objectives.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team to ensure the success of the launched campaigns.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to ensure the stock availability and smooth onboarding of the new added items.
- Collaborate with the pricing team in sourcing competitive prices to maintain the category profitability.
- Work closely with the supplier and maintain the relationship with them through business reviews and growth planning.
- Work with the category assistant to ensure the hygiene of the item’s content and maintain the right visibility on the App.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2+ years of experience in the grocery industry in Buying or Category Management.
- Time spent in tech or a start-up is a plus.
- Experience negotiating with Business Development partners, FMCG or brand owners.
- Experience in Accounts Management.
- Excellent Communicator.
- Strong Influencing skills.