American Hospital Dubai
American Hospital Dubai (UAE) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for the position of a Call Center Agent. A premier private healthcare provider in the Middle East, American Hospital Dubai was established in 1996, with the goal of providing world class medical service to the community. The 254 bed, acute care, general medical private hospital has state of the art facilities and an experienced team of healthcare professionals specialized in more than 40 medical and surgical specialties assuring comprehensive care. The hospital is the inaugural member of the prestigious Mayo Care Network. The hospital also operates seven dedicated clinics in Dubai Media City, Al Barsha, Al Khawaneej, Jumeirah, Mira, Dubai Hills and Nad Al Sheba.
Job Purpose of A Call Center Agent
To provide customer support and resolve inquiries via phone, email, or chat.
Your Job Duties As A Call Center Agent
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks ensuring effective functioning of the area.
- Follows the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Prioritizes workload and completes correspondence in a timely manner.
- Provides information to prospective customers and hospital staff by answering all specific inquiries regarding patients’ queries.
- Ensures safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Promotes incident, customer complaint reporting to improve patient and family care.
- Answers phone call in a polite and cordial manner. Maintains proper telephone etiquette.
- Facilitates patients to find the most appropriate physician for their questions and / or health related complaints.
- Provide patients with brief history of physicians’ accreditations and areas of specialty and other data which is relevant to the appointment type.
- Enters, modifies, or updates patient information, upon calling, in the Meditech system according to established criteria.
- Transfers calls to the Call Center nurses when appropriate. Does not answer any medical / nursing related questions or give medical / nursing advice.
- Schedules & books appointments as requested appropriately into Meditech and follow clinic’s guidelines in the booking process.
- Confirms appointments through SMS and / or phone calls as per policy.
- Transfer to different physician, cancels or reschedules patients’ appointments as per policy.
What You’ll Do More?
- Ensures charts are made available in the clinics at the appointment time by ordering them online from Medical Records or calling Medical Records if necessary.
- Informs walk-in patients telephonically regarding waiting time. Place remark on “Scheduler Note”. For example, patient informed regarding waiting time.
- Informs new customers to arrive 15 min prior to appointment time and to bring identification card and insurance card. (According to clinic guidelines).
- Completes electronic telephone message form and emails it to the correct clinic with necessary details intact.
- SMS text messages are sent out before 10:00 am for next day’s appointments.
- Follow up calls are placed to those patients who have not confirmed their appointment times via SMS
- Maintains current insurance expertise to answer basic questions from patients regarding insurance related issues. Such as General Exclusions.
- Over books physicians according to clinic defined standards.
- Ensures that all departmental reports and audit tools are compiled and completed timely & accurately.Assists in orientation of new staff member to the Call Center.
- Facilitates efficient Call Center function by consulting and communicating with all co-workers.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all time of all hospital feature / services / price / packages and hours of operations.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is clean & organize at all time.
- Demonstrates adequate Medical Terminology.
- Demonstrate computer literacy (in Meditech System) and efficiency.
Who Can Apply?
- High school graduate.
- 1-2 years of previous operator or call centre experience, preferable.
- Exposure to / experience with customer service principles.
- Medical Terminology / or exposure to medical environment.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Excellent English and Arabic verbal / written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy.