Wood UAE is currently inviting applications for a Senior Buyer with experience in the oil and gas industry for Procuremnet and Supply Chain department in Abu Dhabi. Desirous candidates can apply for this position to be part of this well renowned company.
Purpose of A Senior Buyer
- To plan, project and identify the requirements of the products, purchasing the required quantities which meets customer needs thereby maximizing profits and providing a commercially viable range of products.
Duties of A Senior Buyer
- Accountable for the successful delivery of category management activities.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all time.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework.
- Support in developing and implementing Supply Chain Category Management across the business unit.
- Responsible for embedding category management principles and techniques that deliver tangible and sustainable net savings and value add.
- Implementation of effective Supplier Relationship Management that supports driving cost and efficiency, driving value engineering and innovation and developing market intelligence that supports business decision making including acquisitions.
- Support tendering activities and development of specific supply chains strategies to support business growth including category strategies.
- Identifying opportunities within the Indirect Categories for Procurement to add value through cost savings or improvement of quality and service.
- Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement.
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan and effective reporting of such
- Identify and deliver ‘bottom up’ buying opportunities for Leadership Team.
- Managing key suppliers to develop commercially successful, long-term contracts which effectively mitigate risk to the business.
- Bachelors degree or Equivalent education in business related discipline, ideally supply
chain or procurement, working towards or CIPS qualified.
- Minimum 10 years SC experience in a Category focused role demonstrating results, Category management, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Principles and techniques.
Knowledge & Skills Desired
- Knowledge of International procurement, working or living abroad.
- Dispute and claim resolution.
- Supplier Relationship Management including building relationships at a senior level.
- Process improvement.
- Leading tender activities through to completion.
- Negotiation of contracts.
- Mobilisation of cross border / global agreements desirable.