Al Tayer Group
Al Tayer Group presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Buyer in Dubai, UAE. Al Tayer Group is a privately held holding company of UAE, established in 1979. Presently, the group has workforce in 6 countries in the Middle East, including around 200 stores and 23 showrooms in numerous markets in the Middle East. The company has its Headquarters in Dubai, UAE and employs around 9,000 people. It has partnered with world’s most Prestigious and Well-known retail, beauty and automotive brands, including Armani, Banana Republic, Harvey Nichols, Gap, Bloomingdales, Ford, Ferrari and Maserati.
Job Purpose of A Buyer
To plan, project and identify the requirements of the products, purchasing the required quantities which meets customer needs thereby maximizing profits and providing a commercially viable range of products.
Duties of A Buyer
Strategic Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze market trends, consumer preferences, sell through, seasonal demands etc to formulate a buying practice in line with consumer /store demands.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and select the range, type, quality and quantity of merchandise according to customer demand, trends, store policies and set prices and sell through targets in conjunction with the Division Merchandise Manager/GMM to ensure they are in line with the budget.
- Carry out purchasing activities in line with the brand purchase plans.
- Keep abreast of market trends and awareness of competitor activities.
- Maintain profitable relationships with existing suppliers/principals and monitor the adherence to the contract terms.
- Monitor the stock levels in the stores; coordinate with planning team to maintain optimal stock levels in line with the consumer demand.
- Support the promotional activities in the store and ensure the merchandise is available in time and in right quantities.
- Receive and analyze reports on the activities and provide recommendations to the DMM when required.
- Support PR and Marketing teams by guiding and validating the selection of products to be included in planned campaign.
- Negotiate with suppliers on provision of training for the concerned product.
- Manage the brand training of staff in the area to ensure that the product knowledge is up to date and that all staff are knowledgeable on new products/trends.
- Prepare regular trends training and deliver to the business units.
What You’ll Do More?
- Review buying feedback reports and monitor sales performance on weekly basis against set targets and provide recommendations to DMM as to buying strategy for a respective brand.
- Conduct regular store visits in all markets to review brand performance and competitor activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to subordinates towards the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work.
Who Can Apply?
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs.
- At least 5-8 years of Buying experience and expertise.
- Proven track record in the field of Buying & Retailing.