National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) presently requires qualified candidate for job position of a Barge Superintendent (Floating Barges) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Founded in 1973 & Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, NPCC is a World class Engineering, Procurement & Construction Company that provides total EPC solutions to both off shore and onshore oil and gas sector. It provides engineering, procurement, project management, fabrication, installation and commissioning services to project owners and operators. Company has relationships with most of the Operating Companies (OPCOs), National Oil Companies (NOCs) and International Oil Companies (IOCs) built by good track record of project delivery, quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
Job Purpose of A Barge Superintendent
Oversee and manage operations of floating barges, ensuring effective execution of offshore construction projects.
Job Duties of A Barge Superintendent
- General administration & overall supervision of the barge with responsibility of all personnel & equipment onboard barge.
- Coordination with base for administration of the barge, progress reporting, future barge requirements and other relevant important matters.
- Ensuring proper fuel and water supply to the barge and supporting vessels by coordinating with the base.
- Ensuring periodical maintenance of barge equipment and co-ordination for their repairs, spare parts etc.
- Control and supervision of external and internal maintenance of the barge including painting, cleaning and relevant repairs to ensure good housekeeping.
- Suggesting to base and implementation of barge modifications for better operations of the barge and improved productivity.
- Supervision of warehousing of stores on the barge and to ensure efficient use of available space and proper storage of all barge and project material.
- Ensuring proper catering services to barge personnel.
- Resolve personnel problems of the barge personnel.
- Scheduling of leave breaks for barge personnel ensuring that all operations are effectively carried out all the time on the barge.
- Motivation for safety consciousness amongst all personnel on the barge and ensures that safety measures of installation procedures are implemented.
Who Can Apply?
- High School or equivalent.
- 15-18 years experience with proven offshore barge experience, structure as well as pipe laying.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Good standard of English.
- All offshore safety training requirements.
- Organizational and leadership skill.
- Superior knowledge of all aspects of offshore operations.
- Effective contractual and technical skills.