Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) presently has a job opening for eligible candidate for position of a Baker in UAE. MAF is an Emirati holding company based in Dubai, UAE. It owns & operates shopping malls, leisure establishments and retail in the MENA region. The group was established in 1992 and manages three major operating subsidiaries, Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Properties and Majid Al Futtaim Retail. MAF Retail establishes and manages supermarkets, hypermarkets, fashion and specialty retail stores. The company has over 40,000 team members in 15 International markets representing over 100 Nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything they do.
Job Purpose of A Baker
- The Baker is responsible for preparing and making a wide range of bread and other baked goods.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and executing tasks as per the section’s operating standards and hygiene control procedures.
Duties of A Baker
Baking Methods and Preparation Responsibilities
- Transform ingredients into finished and semi-finished products such as bread and other baked products, as per the customers’ requests and Bakery Section’s standard operating procedures.
- Prepare and place products in display counter as per the defined guidelines.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Assist customers in their product inquiries in a professional and timely manner, and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Promote additional sales and maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
Operating Standards and Hygiene Control Responsibilities
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhering to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain hygiene standards and ensure that work areas, including the freezers and chillers are kept clean and food waste is disposed of correctly.
Stock Control Responsibilities
- Identify and segregate waste and damaged products on daily basis while maintaining a record of the waste and damaged items.
- Assist in receiving the supply and perform stock counts whenever needed.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Participate in professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow MAF Retail’s Human Capital and corporate policies, relevant procedures and instructions.
- Respects the procedures in accordance with the existing standard policy.
Who Can Apply?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role.