NMC Healthcare (NMC Corporate Abu Dhabi) presently has a job opening for eligible candidates for the position of an Associate Vice President (Data Privacy). Established in 1974, NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and largest private healthcare company in UAE. NMC plays an integral part in supporting UAE’s healthcare system & its continuous growth and progress. With a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, allied health and support personnel, NMC owns numerous Healthcare facilities in the UAE. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long Term and Home Care, Medical Centers, Day Surgery Centers, Operations and Management.
Job Purpose of An Associate Vice President (Data Privacy)
Reporting to the VP of Ethics and Compliance, the Associate Vice President, Data Privacy leads NMC Healthcare’s data protection compliance programme and will build a strong culture of data protection compliance at NMC, becoming the NMC Group’s designated Data Protection Officer.
Your Job Duties As An Associate Vice President (Data Privacy)
- Data Protection Regulation, UAE Federal Personal Data Protection Law and other relevant data protection laws.
- Act as the point of contact for regulators.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and staff on all aspects of data protection compliance.
- Perform or review data protection risk assessments (Privacy Impact Assessments) on systems and processes to support the business to meet its objectives.
- Set privacy compliance training strategy for Company, plan, develop and implement training for all staff. Implement a comprehensive data privacy communications and awareness strategy for the group.
- Develop policies (internal and external facing) and procedures for the group in relation to all privacy related activities.
- Implement and lead a personal data breach incident response plan. Prepare and process regulatory notifications where required. Lead efforts to ensure high levels of awareness and readiness across the group.
- Manage data subject rights procedures across the group ensuring that regulatory requirements are known and met.
- Monitor developments in local and international privacy trends and laws. Develop mitigation strategies to reduce privacy risk to data subjects and NMC Group.
- Identify NMC’s accountability requirements under relevant privacy laws, develop and implement procedures to ensure that they are met.
Who Can Apply?
- University degree, preferably in Law (but other fields will be considered depending on experience).
- Ten years of experience in data protection compliance with strong experience in EU GDPR and / or other privacy regimes.
- Five years at management level.
- Significant experience of advising large businesses on data privacy their compliance risks.
- Strong experience of advising senior leadership.
- Coaching and training.
- Building data privacy compliance programmes for large organisations.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Excellent knowledge of UAE and international data protection laws.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong experience leading data privacy compliance projects for a large organization.
- Self-starter and able to motivate others.
- Advising on compliance contractual clauses.
- Strong judgment.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Able to align the objectives of the company with relevant compliance obligations.
- A lateral thinker with a strong ability to analyse a high volume of often disjointed and unfamiliar information, identify problems and possible resolutions.
- Excellent policy drafting skills and ability to break down complex topics to easily understandable language.
- Strong communicator, presenter and collaborator who can simplify complex issues for colleagues
- Highly organized and goal oriented.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast paced, multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder large corporate environment.
- Healthcare industry experience helpful but not essential.