NMC Healthcare in Abu Dhabi, UAE is seeking a qualified person for the job position of Assistant Finance Manager.Established over 48 years ago, NMC Healthcare is the largest private healthcare provider in the UAE. Due to its sincere commitment, personalized care and genuine concern of the overall well-being of the patients, NMC has earned the trust of millions. The company is committed to serve the communities where it does business and pledges to provide its customers with hope ‐ Hope of a Healthy and Happy Life.
Scope of Assistant Finance Manager
As an Assistant Finance Manager at NMC Healthcare UAE (Abu Dhabi), your job is to prepare the audit plan and agree the Timelines with all Relevant Stakeholders (i.e., Group Financial Controllership, CFO, External Auditors). You will also prepare the Information Requirements List (“IRL”) in completing the FS worksheet and word files.
Duties of Assistant Finance Manager
- Closely monitor and directly Coordinate with the unit finance in terms of any Pending Schedules or Information.
- Lead the Discussion internally with the team if there are matters that require Technical Knowledge of the IFRS.
- For complex Technical Accounting, Liaise directly with the Technical Accounting team.
- Lead the discussion internally with the team if there are issues on the Schedules / Information required to complete the FS worksheet and word files.
- Closely Supervise the staff to ensure that the Deliverables are completed on time with the expected quality.
- Roll forward the FS word files and FS worksheet based on the previously signed Financial Statements.
What you’ll do
- Liaise with the unit finance to obtain the final trial balance for each of DBID as at the Reporting date.
- Obtain all Schedules required in completing the notes to the Financial Statements.
- Directly coordinate with the unit finance to resolve all Discrepancies, if any.
- Perform Consolidation of the accounts for applicable entities, where needed.
- Directly Coordinate with the Consolidation team for any additional information (i.e., elimination entries) required.
- Perform detailed review of the Financial Statements (i.e., casting, cross-referencing, review of accounting policies, etc.) and complete the ADGM disclosure requirement checklist prior to submission for further reviews of the Technical Accounting, Senior Finance Manager & Group Financial Controller prior to sending to the external auditors.
- Address all comments raised by Technical Accounting, Senior Finance Manager & Group Financial Controller prior to sharing to external auditors.
- Upload the signed Financial Statements in the ADGM portal as a Finance Officer.
- Ensure all Subsequent comments of the Stakeholders are addressed accordingly.
What you’ll do
- Liaise closely with the NMC legal for review and approval of all relevant legal disclosures
- Liaise closely with the NMC Technical Accounting for any disclosures that require assistance in terms of the presentation and accounting treatment
- Liaise closely with the Project Management Oversight (“PMO”) team to ensure all relevant information received on a timely manner from FS preparation standpoint.
- Liaise closely with the external auditors, unit finance and technical accounting team in terms of the finalization of the management representation letter and other documents (i.e., letter of continued financial support, etc.)
- Ensure bank reconciliation process follows the process document and internal control guidelines are met.
- Ensure the completeness of data used in master sheet and control sheet by performing necessary reconciliations.
- Check if all reconciling items have corresponding supporting documents attached on the bank reconciliation statements.
- Collaborate closely with the treasury team and finance controllership leadership on long outstanding and critical issues, if any.
- As a Finance Officer, ensure all review comments are addressed accordingly by the bank reconciliation team.
- Sign off the bank reconciliation statement and endorse for further review and approval of the Group Financial Controller (“GFC”).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Master’s degree – ACA, ACCA or CPA or other relevant Professional Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of Experience in accounts. Healthcare experience in UAE or Middle Eastern Region will be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think critically and maintain a high level of Confidentiality.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and International Accounting Standards (“IAS”).
- Strong Technical Knowledge of the Consolidation process in accordance with the IFRS.
- High level of Accuracy & Attention to detail.
- Advanced level Spreadsheet skills and PC Literacy.
- Prior Big 4 audit experience (at least senior associate and up) would be an added advantage.
- Project Management skills.
- Fluent in English.