Ajman University is presently looking for experienced and desirous candidates for the job position of an Assistant Instructor – Biomedical Engineering in Ajman, UAE. The teaching assistant should have appropriate qualifications and experience to provide skills to engage positively with requirements of the work and should be able to adapt to flexible working hours. The selected applicant will work at the College of Engineering and Information Technology, Ajman University. This job was published by University on 7 September 2023 and is now open to apply .
Job Purpose of An Assistant Instructor Biomedical Engineering
- The basic role of the teaching assistant is to provide effective support to the faculty in carrying out their responsibilities towards the university and its students throughout their journey from the start to finish.
- This involves assistance in teaching, advising, supervising, training, guiding and supporting students in all curricular and co-curricular activities which includes social and recreational activities.
- In addition to teaching activities the teaching assistant is required to assist the faculty in research activities as well as providing assistance in all activities related to the services provided by the university to university stakeholders.
Responsibilities of An Assistant Instructor Biomedical Engineering
- Provide support to the faculty/instructor to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Assist the faculty / instructor in the planning, preparation and implementation of daily teaching / learning activities.
- Assist the faculty in planning, preparing and developing various teaching aids for use in classroom.
- Assist in the planning, developing and management of teaching laboratories.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Participate in college committees and carry out other tasks related to course / college assigned by Dean, Head of Department and/ or course Instructor.
- Help students and researchers in the college in conducting experiments, research and projects.
- Assist faculty / instructor in organizing and implementing internship programs.
- Assist faculty in activities related to students advising.
- Assist in organizing and implementing co-curricular activities within the university and outside.
Who Can Apply?
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in the Biomedical Engineering / related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in same field.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, English proficiency.
- Ability to use software packages and engage with the latest learning / teaching tools.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to provide activities for students that encourage learning abilities.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for students.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
- Ability to follow and guide students on engineering design process.
- Ability to solve engineering problems in a systematic manner.
- Ability to update and develop professionally through further education and training.
- Ability to mentor.
- Ability to work effectively in groups.
- Knowledge in experimentation with human subjects, use of microcontroller and interface, advanced computer programing, and signal processing and is an added advantage.