Ajman University is presently seeking qualified and motivated candidates for the job position of an Assistant Instructor Electrical & Computer Engineering in Ajman, UAE. The Assistant Instructor should have appropriate qualifications and experience to provide skills to engage positively with the requirements of the work and should be able to adapt to flexible working hours. The selected candidate will work at the College of Engineering and Information Technology, Ajman University. This job was posted by University on 1 September 2023 & is now open for applications from desirous candidates.
Job Purpose of An Assistant Instructor
- The basic role of the Assistant Instructor is to provide effective support to the faculty in carrying out their responsibilities towards the university and its students throughout their journey from the start to finish.
- This involves assistance in teaching, advising, supervising, training, guiding and supporting students in all curricular and co-curricular activities which include social and recreational activities.
- In addition to teaching activities, the Assistant Instructor is required to assist the faculty in research activities as well as provide assistance in all activities related to the services provided by the university to university stakeholders.
Job Duties of An Assistant Instructor
- Provide support to the faculty / instructor to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Assist the faculty / instructor in the planning, preparation, and implementation of daily teaching / learning activities.
- Assist the faculty in planning, preparing, and developing various teaching aids for use in the classroom.
- Assist in the planning, developing, and management of teaching laboratories;
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Participate in college committees and carry out other tasks related to course/ college assigned by Dean, Head of Department and/ or course Instructor.
- Help students and researchers in the college in conducting experiments, research, and projects.
- Assist faculty/instructor in organizing and implementing internship programs;
- Assist faculty in activities related to student advising.
- Assist in organizing and implementing co-curricular activities within the university and outside.
Who Can Apply?
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in similar field.
- Preferably UAE national.
Knowledge and Skills Desired
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to provide activities for students that encourage learning abilities.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for students.
- Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
- Ability to update and develop professionally through further education and training.
- Ability to use software packages and engage with the latest learning / teaching tools.